MacFoley's U2 song of the day shuffle thread

MacFoley

• Subscriber

Gone

5/5 (I think I'm gonna have a lot of those :P)

Okay - this year I have gotten a new appreciation for the whole 90s trilogy. I used to like various songs from there but generally overlooked a lot of it especially Pop. Gone is a song I had kind of overlooked for a long time in my u2 listening but now I really like it. Think the live version on Popmart DVD is great lso really like the 'new mix' on the best of album.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Original of the Species

5 out of 5

Love this, A very slow song, but very powerful.

Baby slow down.................great lyrics, powerful vocals, nice strings, AND it's even better when you see the video!!!!!!!!!!beautiful artisitc filming.

Have just managed to get the CD of this to add to the collection.

I also like the live version on the Milan DVD

I seem to have a love hate relationship with HTDAAB, but around half of the tracks are first class.

• Subscriber

Nice idea :)

Get on your boots (justice remix)

0/5

Amazing!!!... probably picked the worst song in my u2 catalogue!, hated it when it first came out and i dislike it even more now. I'm actually thinking about deleting it- that bad. I could go on about how bad it is.... so i will! hahahahaaa.

In my itunes i gave it a 1 star rating and ive just down graded it to a no stars!, its way to slow, there is a nice piano part in it but apart from that its as irritating as Amanda Holden. The stupid claps are naff and it plods along like a drunk donkey. The original is way better, some songs should be just left alone, imo this is one of them.

Sure tomorrow will be a gooden ...i have 439 u2 songs would have been more if i didnt lose all of my 'complete u2' i still miss some of those live tracks.

• Subscriber

Nice idea :)

Get on your boots (justice remix)

0/5

Amazing!!!... probably picked the worst song in my u2 catalogue!, hated it when it first came out and i dislike it even more now. I'm actually thinking about deleting it- that bad. I could go on about how bad it is.... so i will! hahahahaaa.

In my itunes i gave it a 1 star rating and ive just down graded it to a no stars!, its way to slow, there is a nice piano part in it but apart from that its as irritating as Amanda Holden. The stupid claps are naff and it plods along like a drunk donkey. The original is way better, some songs should be just left alone, imo this is one of them.

Sure tomorrow will be a gooden ...i have 439 u2 songs would have been more if i didnt lose all of my 'complete u2' i still miss some of those live tracks.

i haven't even got that song on my ipod! (its pretty aweful that remix)

• Subscriber

I'LL GO CRAZY IF I DONT GO CRAZY TONIGHT

4/5

Yeah this song is pretty poppy for no line, THE poppiest song on the album for me. I think the chorus is KILLER! top chorus, has some nice guitar rings from edge, and the bass line is heavy man! As this is a fairly new u2 song still i still think it is one of the most melodic pieces on the album still. People were say No Line didnt contain those BIG SONGS, and i'll go crazy is certainly one of them.

I like the ACHTUNG BAYBABYBABY I KNOW IM NOT ALONE moment in the song too. Just gives it a total lift, followed by edge recreating his tones that he used in TRYIN TO THROW YOUR ARMS AROUND THE WORLD moments from achtung.

This is u2 in its most playful mood in the entire album, and it doesnt seem out of place if you ask me.

Live, well on the 360 tour they have always played this one live, and sometimes it would have been nice to see the original played live one in a while...in a little while...hahahaha!

see you tomorrow boys and girls!!!

• Subscriber

i still haven't found what i'm looking for 5/5 i found it really boring first play when i bought the joshua tree and always pressed skip for about 2 years, but revisited it after the rattle and hum version from the movie. but it's really grown on me over the years and turned into one of my all time favorite 'live' songs at any concert =0)

• Subscriber

Even Better than the Real Thing: Live from Brasil 2011

4/5

Great song but seeing that nearly everyone's giving 5/5 I'll go for 4. The 360 remix doesn't entirely convince me, it's a bloody good way of starting a show for sure(better than dull opener Beautiful Day) but what is this nonsense of Edge playing the solo at the beginning of the song?

Still, it's incredible to hear it live (i'm a fan of the Perfecto-PopMart mix) and, as part of Achtung Baby, EBTTRT represents the world of consumerism and temptations that everyday people are faced with; in this case, this song centers on the fantasies which people create about their lives.

However, I had it as a ringtone for a long time because it's so awesome!, especially the wah pedal part!

• Subscriber

Even Better than the Real Thing: Live from Brasil 2011

4/5

Great song but seeing that nearly everyone's giving 5/5 I'll go for 4. The 360 remix doesn't entirely convince me, it's a bloody good way of starting a show for sure(better than dull opener Beautiful Day) but what is this nonsense of Edge playing the solo at the beginning of the song?

Still, it's incredible to hear it live (i'm a fan of the Perfecto-PopMart mix) and, as part of Achtung Baby, EBTTRT represents the world of consumerism and temptations that everyday people are faced with; in this case, this song centers on the fantasies which people create about their lives.

However, I had it as a ringtone for a long time because it's so awesome!, especially the wah pedal part!

hey i rated my last u2 song of the day a 4/5....