MacFoley's U2 song of the day shuffle thread

MacFoley

• Subscriber

Dirty Day from Zooropa. 5 stars and would get 10 if I could put it on there. U2 at the peak of their creativity and playing loads of shows all over the world. Makes me want to break out the Zoo TV dvd. Those were the days......

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Love and Peace or Else (album version) 3/5

I much prefer the live version of this song, it has an awesome solo by the end of it, but I don't really relate to what the song is trying to say; Love and Peace feels empty in that sense. Musically, though, I enjoy Adam and Larry's work here, some nice percussion job!

Overall, it was an entertaining feature in the Vertigo Tour, but I'd be very glad if we don't hear from this song ever again in live setlists, especially with so many other rock tracks around...

• Subscriber

Lemon (Jeep Mix)

Okay - I love Lemon. It was a rather recent discovery for me - it wasn't until the start of this year when I really started getting into the 90s stuff that I realised what an awesome song it was and I listen to it almost daily now (and love love love the video clip for it!). love the Perfecto mix that played during that zoo tv shows - so cool!!

However, not a massive fan of the jeep mix - I don't hate it exactly but it really doesn't live up to how great this song was before so I;d give it a 3.5/5. (The original would get a well deserved 6/5)

• Subscriber

Well for some reason haven't been able to get in here for a couple of days, computer says no....

If god will send his angels: POP album

5 out of 5

You know when you get a new album and one track stands out straight away, on Pop, it was Gone and I played that so much I didn't appreciate the beauty of this song for a long time.

Love the slow rhythm section by Adam and Larry, great lryics too

• Subscriber

SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY (LIVE POPMART TOUR, SARAJEVO)

5/5

from the b-side to the if god would send his angels single. i love this mellow and very effective version mainly because its the edge on lead vocals. and its also HIS song you know. he wrote the lyrics to this one too so its nice to see him sing his song. or hear even.

it is also a version i think they should do now. i think its overplayed today. ok its a hit, but it seems to have lost its power for me live.

but this version is a real gem!

• Subscriber

Get On Your Boots (Live from BBC Headquaters Rooftop 2009)

3/5

Never really got into this song when it came out - I think it gets a lot of the blame for the album not taking off and that's probably true. It seemed a bit try hard and didn't really have the depth that a lot of u2 songs do - seemed kinda like try-hard and shallow.

Anyway - I guess live performances saved it a bit - still don't like the album version but it actually kind of works live, has a lot of energy and is fun to jump to.

• Subscriber

Original of the Species: album version ( this is the second time this has appeared ) !!!!

5 out of 5

love it, love it, love it...

How can anyone not like the video !!!!!!!

One of my favourite tracks on HTDAAB

Orchestra and jangly guitar, and Bono sounding great...