Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suee

Would anyone like to recommend a good film they have seen and enjoyed..

At the weekend I was looking forward to seeing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Film. With all the talk when it came out, how amazing it was..and the bits of the film they showed...well I thought it was slow, boring and ok....rubbish...Well we all have different taste...but it's not a film I will be watching again nor getting from vid shop!!!!!

So I am hoping guys and girls...any good films you have seen....and maybe enjoyed so much would see again AH!

here's 3 for you to check out if you haven't already seen them:

1: The American. (directed by Anton Corbijn).

2: Until the End of the World.(directed by Wim Wenders).

3: Rear Window. (directed by Alfred Hitchcock).

Razspazz.....Seen Rear Window...thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Will look into other two.......many thankswink.gif

some of my favourites from last months:

london river
mammoth
deception
tsotsi
the visitor
lovely bones

Barbara...

I remember you mentioning....Lovely Bones. before...and Deception is ringing bells, rest I don't think I have seen anything about...but I could be wrong....Thanks  :-)

yes, i mentionned lovely bones: a young girl tells the story bout how she was murdered by a neighbour.

deception is bout a young mother who's is having an afair and one day when she's with her lover, she' watching the news and sees a bomb just exploded in the stadium where her husband and son are at a soccergame.
london river: story is situated round the time of the bombings in the london metro in 2005, a mother who's daughter lives in london hasnt heard from her since the attacks. she travels to london to find her. and meets this african gentleman who's there to find out what happened to his son.
mammoth: from the same director as babel (which i loved too!) follows a middle-class businessman who leaves his family to go on business-trip and meets a prostitute, falls in love with her. it also tells the story of his Filipino nanny who, while she takes care of other peoples kids, has to miss out on her own. only cause she's trying to give them a better life by working in usa to send them money. very touchy...
tsotsi; black youngman, who lives in the slums of johannesburg, steals the car of a wealthy black woman, only to find out her baby is still in the back. he forces an unmarried , young mother to take care of the baby. she tries to persuade him to do the right thing and bring the baby back...
the visitor: an unhappy, lonely professor finds a young couple immigrants are 'renting' his newyork appartement. after some misunderstanding, the 3 realise they've been victims of a fraude. the professor asks them to stay, cause he knows they have nowhere else to go. this decission changes his whole world and perception.
hope you get to see them, sue. each of them got to my soul, and made me think.

Thanks Barbara...I'll look out the theses...Will let you know when I see them...  Many thanks..clap.gif

talking bout movies, sue wink.gif did you ever see the rabbit proof fence? bout the stolen generation in australia? i cried...

Watched Monsters recently. Not gonna give anythin away, but i watched it from start to finish and twas pretty good. In terms of plot, not what i expected at all.

some feel good family movies by Tyler Perry always lift me up...

Last night, I watched

I Can do Bad All By Myself.

Reduced me to tears.

About being lost, and then being found, and the importance of family and friends, real love and faith.

Great singing in it by Mary J Blige, and Gladys Knight.

You may recall Mary did a duet with bono on ONE.