Ticketmaster's Scam

BVB65

• Subscriber

By now, I am sure that there are many of you that are aware of what ticketmaster has been doing. They have rerouted ticket buyers to their affiliated ticketvenues such as ticketsnow and ticketexchanege. At these sites, the tickets for a particular event go for double or triple the face value of the ticket beingsold at ticketmaster's web-site. Just recently, ticketmaster tried to fleece Bruce Springteen fans by indicating tickets for his shows were sold out andthen instructing them to go to ticketsnow. Once the Boss got wind of this, he applied pressure on ticketmaster to change this practice. Some agreement was madefor his fans to get tickets for his shows at face value and many of them are suppose to get refunded the amount they overpaid.

But in today's Daily News, it was reported ticketmaster is at it again. Tickets for two Leonard Cohen concerts were listed as SOLD OUT within seconds ofthe start of the ticket sale. Purchasers were instructed to visit Ticketexchange, where pairs of tickets were going for $1,000 a piece, four times the facevalue.

I am hoping that U2 has taken precautions in regards to this dispicable practice and that safe guards are in place for people who want to purchase tickets totheir shows.image

BVB65 wrote:

By now, I am sure that there are many of you that are aware of what ticketmaster has been doing. They have rerouted ticket buyers to their affiliated ticket venues such as ticketsnow and ticketexchanege. At these sites, the tickets for a particular event go for double or triple the face value of the ticket being sold at ticketmaster's web-site. Just recently, ticketmaster tried to fleece Bruce Springteen fans by indicating tickets for his shows were sold out and then instructing them to go to ticketsnow. Once the Boss got wind of this, he applied pressure on ticketmaster to change this practice. Some agreement was made for his fans to get tickets for his shows at face value and many of them are suppose to get refunded the amount they overpaid.

But in today's Daily News, it was reported ticketmaster is at it again. Tickets for two Leonard Cohen concerts were listed as SOLD OUT within seconds of the start of the ticket sale. Purchasers were instructed to visit Ticketexchange, where pairs of tickets were going for $1,000 a piece, four times the face value.

I am hoping that U2 has taken precautions in regards to this dispicable practice and that safe guards are in place for people who want to purchase tickets to their shows.

ticketmaster always do it when it comes to the bigger tours.

they do have sister sites that they direct you too,that do charge treble prices.these sites i think are a side line of ticketmaster.

which is basically touting really.and a blatant rip off.

personally i wont be paying anything over what live nation or ticketmaster will be charging(i mean they are already whacking the prices up on the supposedlycredit crunch tickets .55euros for G,A tickets are already up to 85euros accorfing to live nation).

these ticket agents have you by the nads,as they know that you want to see this tour especially,but there would be no way i woud pay treble prices.

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

Well it seems that this is exactly what happened to me.

I bought tickets from a redirected site- was transferred from Ticketmaster to Ticketsnow. I ended up paying $211 for a $58 nosebleed ticket. I was unaware ofthis practice as I am not from the US and have never had any experience of buying concert tickets here. I will be investigating a refund with the privateseller who scalps from Ticketmaster. I welcome new legislation against this practice.