Disappointed by Misleading Ticketing in Anaheim

tiffanywtai

Hi all.  Long time fan, first time poster.  I was really disappointed by the ticketing in Anaheim and am curious to learn how others feel.  We purchased tickets through the fan pre-sale and opted for the premium tickets at $250 face value.  Our tickets were in Sec. 205 Row K of Angel Stadium which, on the seating chart, looked pretty decent.  Unfortunately they were the worst seats I've had to ANY concert, and the experience Friday night was awful.

For starters, our seats were in the last row of the lower tier (out of three tiers), which meant that the upper tier obstructed our view of the 360 stage.  Unless the LED screen was lowered -- which occurred at times throughout the show -- we could not see the top of the screen, nevermind the top of the stage.  The acoustics from the show was also the worst we've experienced -- the sound literally bounced off the extending tiers above us and all we heard was muted music blended in with the white noise.  Worst of all, since we were in the last row, the house lights stayed on in our section throughout the ENTIRE show.  As my husband said, it felt like we were watching U2 perform at the end of a long hallway.

If I had paid $30 for the tickets -- as my sister did for her seats in the pavilion -- I would probably think it was a decent show for the price we paid.  But for $250 face value, the conditions were unacceptable.  As it turned out, my sister's seats in the pavilion had a better view and better sound.  Anyone else in the terrace seats have similar experience?  Also, are conditions like this in other baseball stadiums?

I think the tickets themselves are misleading, as they should have disclosed that the seats had obstructed view (and sound).

Hi Tiffany,

I'm sorry it was so disappointing for you. I went to Sat night's concert and we sat out in the Pavillion like your sister did. We only paid $40 and that includes the fees. It has been my experience no to go through the fan club for tickets. Not just U2's fan club but anybodies. I'm an Angel fan and go to many games at that stadium. The sound has never been an issue but for a concert it might be especially were your seats were located.

Pat

• Subscriber

sorry for your disappointing experience. but i wouldnt say its like that with fanclub-tix, i had presale-tix 2 times: golden square for paris: beautiful seats on adams side. right next to the stage, loved the vue!happy.gif and the price, well it really reached the limits of what we would pay for any concert: around 126 euros a ticket. was totally worth it!

brussels: compared to paris we sat one block more to the right, again adams sight. so same view we had in paris, only we sat on balcony, first row!! so no one in front of us and we had great view on stage, and that for only 50 euros, cause they were considered to be 'behind-stage', but right next to stage again! for amsterdam we had GA, but looking up to stage and screen was really painful for my neck, i'm not that tall. if i get the chance to visit another concert, i would try to get inner circle. just for fun and the experience. but would always do atleast one concert with seats, no better way to enjoy stage, technology, screens,...