General Admission vs. Nosebleed

Zootopia1978

I have tix for the upcoming Philadelphia show and my seats are in the highest row.  I have never seen a show from General Admission and the price is the same as my nosebleeds.  I do not plan to get there early but was wondering if the General Admission experience is a better choice?

GA is always going to be a better choice...especially by FOH. First off, just the structure of the venue plays an important part. In some venues, the top rows of the nosebleed sections are higher than the P.A. Which means that the P.A. has to be angled up, to aim at those sections...which there is a limit. Each box, of the P.A. is aimed at a certain level/area, so that when you walk from the stage, to the back, the audio level should be as even as possible. Usually, with angles in mind, the higher the P.A. is flown, the further it causes the sound to travel. It also gives a more even distribution...if all done right. So if the audio is not clear up there, then this is usually the case. Also other factors like wind and humidity play a factor. It will have an affect on how far it will carry the sound. Obviously, the bass is going to resonate better than the highs and mids. The 2 P.A. stacks, flown behind FOH, is to carry the sound further, and up those levels. They are delayed, so that by the time the audio (from the main P.A.) reaches that area, it will be in-sync.

• Subscriber

It really depends on what type of show you want. Do you want to reach out and touch Bono? Do you want to see the video screen? Do you want to be on the runway? Do you want to see the claw in working action? Do you want to see all the lights? Do you wanna make more friends and have an adventure?

They are completely different ways to experience the show. You can have seats and not have 'nosebleeds.' You can have redzone and not ga.

It all depends on what you want.

A bad GA spot beats any nosebleed seat any day.

I had GA for the Oakland show.  Didn't get there at the crack of dawn; didn't get down onto the field until the first band started to play! Got a spot on the rail that separated us peasants from the "Red" VIP zone, so had a pretty good view of the stage (from the side) for the show. I didn't feel the need to suffer for hours to get into the inner circle--by now, if U2 haven't grasped the fact that I'm a fan, getting 'inner' won't do anything to convince them, y'know--and I didn't want to get squished by trying to be front-and-center, either.   Being a bit off center at U2 shows can work nicely; less crush, good view, you can see the band, the stage/screens, and the crowd. Just pick whether you want to be on Edge's side or Adam's side. 

-- eaplatt

• Subscriber

don know bout nosebleed seats, i had great seats, great view both times on the 3602°-tour. we also did one GA-night. and the view on the screen from midfield wasnt so good, and painful for my neck and back. and on top of that my view was really obstructed by these tall dutch men in front of me. i had a great time, but how could i not being on u2-show???? but i was really happy with my seats, much nicer on the back. we could see stage and screen without a problem.