There's no one like Bono...Or U2 for that matter.

Redhead11

• Subscriber

I give up. There are no rockstars like Bono or bands like U2 for my generation. We are all content with these random solo artists...and boring alternative bands. Do you guys know how lucky you are???????????! All you fans who got to follow U2 since the beginning...or at lease since JT. I would give anything to have been there!!!! Like I would DIE to have a Bono in my generation. Do you realize how all male singers (besides the dude from Kings of Leon and Coldplay) SOUND THE SAME!!! I can never tell the freaking difference between them! And all those Pop and Hip Hip guys are so narcissistic!! Gahhh!

Sorry. I had to share that with someone. I am right now clinging to rock n roll and U2 for dear life. I am happy to have discovered U2 when I did, because if I hadn't, I would still be blinded with no favorite band. 

So do you guys know any bands besides U2 that are...I don't know...worth listening to? 

• Subscriber

Come on Reddie, it ain't all bad, you got the Arcade Fire.

Win Butler is a Bono in the making if you ask me!

Mick... as a Canadian I have to tell you... It's not The... its just Arcade Fire. smile.gif

Redhead... I like Radiohead. Check out their first three albums, Pablo Honey, The Bends and OK Computer.

Kid A, Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief are a little too 'atmospheric' for me... although I do like In Rainbows and The King of Limbs.

And the singer, Thom Yorke, is mesmerizing... though not in a sultry Bono way...smile.gif

As well, BW has brought Elbow to my attention... I like what I've heard from them...

Also... I really enjoy The Black Keys - YouTube some of their music...see if you like them.

• Subscriber

[quote name='hnicolaidesk wrote:

mick james']Come on Reddie, it ain't all bad, you got the Arcade Fire.

Mick... as a Canadian I have to tell you... It's not The... its just Arcade Fire. laugh.gif

If I told you I cried like a baby last time I saw them will you forgive me??

TV On The Radio.

There's another band that's kicked this century's ass!

Oh and on Radiohead's more "atmospheric" stuff -  grab a bag of BC bud, put on the headphones, sit on a bean bag and spark up a fattie.

You'll be a die-hard Kid A fan about 40 minutes later wink.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

hnicolaidesk wrote:

mick james']Come on Reddie, it ain't all bad, you got the Arcade Fire.

Mick... as a Canadian I have to tell you... It's not The... its just Arcade Fire. laugh.gif

If I told you I cried like a baby last time I saw them will you forgive me??

TV On The Radio.

There's another band that's kicked this century's ass!

Oh and on Radiohead's more "atmospheric" stuff -  grab a bag of BC bud, put on the headphones, sit on a bean bag and spark up a fattie.

You'll be a die-hard Kid A fan about 40 minutes later wink.gif

thanks guys! I'll check them all out later! happy.gifhappy.gif

One of the reasons there aren't more like Bono is the fact that he welcomes the spotlight.

He's not afraid of being commercially popular, because in doing so he's fully aware of the knocks that come with it.

Newer bands are more interested in fellow musician-cred than appealing to a wide audience.

(I'm generalizing, but you see my point.)

In fact, the reason Coldplay and King of Leons stand out to you is because for years, Martin has welcomed what comes with being a world-renowned band. Just recently, Caleb of KOL embraced the possibilities. Their both taking their own shout at the crown.

As for Arcade Fire, I couldn't agree more that they COULD be a world-dominating band in the vain of U2... if they want to.

I'm not convinced Butler wants that yet. They seem more interested with artistic ambitions than a U2-like path.

I'm excited to see where they go, because GOOD-GOD they are a magnificent band.

"Wake Up", while being their biggest hit, still happens to be the type of anthemic rock song missing from modern rock bands today.

And don't pick on all the alternative bands :) because Mr. Eddie Vedder is a happy dude these days, and Pearl Jam are a major force when they want to be.