What should u2 do next?

chriswba

• Subscriber

What should u2 do next They should act their age.u2 still want to be relevent and cool with the kids they could release there greatest album and still most of youngsters wouldnt be intrested because its u2.u2 arent cool with the kids anymore. I mean there were plans to work with david bloody guetta what the hell is that all about i can just imagine what bono would look like singing something like sexy bitch lol

They need to forget about appealing to a new auidence like they did after atyclb and htdaab cause its not going to happen now regardless what they release there too old for that

Forget about making a so called club record can you imagine u2 being played to 18 year olds in nightclubs itd just never going to happen

Forget about being relevent youve had a great run one of the greatest its never going to last forever

Never turn into the stones go out on top which has tobe anytime in the next five years

And finally concentrate on pleasing the fans you have which is enough

stop trying to be top of pop charts because the people who buy chart music arent intrested in u2 regardless what they release

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

well than......... I know a lot of teens who like U2. And they aren't doing the club album (from what we hear) anymore. It's the one with Danger Mouse...because its "coming along so easily."

I always have faith in the younger generation. And U2. Of course U2 wants to stay relevant. They are the best bloody band out there. And it isn't just "the younger generation" as the reason for the club album. they like challenging themselves and trying new things. And let's not put an expiration date on them, kay?

• Subscriber

And as a member of that generation, I am a wee bit offended.

I know. You guys don't understand. You got to ride with them through the 80s-now. But my generation needs U2 and their music. And I've seen it work on my friends.

In the end, U2 should do what makes them happy. Whether it's a rock album, a club music album, or even a freaking jazz album, everything would be alright! :) Because they would be happy. And as long as they are happy, I'm happy.

Isn't that what we all want? Our boys to be happy, in whatever direction they take. If we pray that they are happy with the next album, it will reach us. Because they'll be close to it.

• Subscriber

Personally I think U2 can do whatever the hell they want to. They've managed that last 25+ year with out us telling them what to do. I think they'll manage the next 25 rather well.

• Subscriber

I think they should call it a night. If you think they were trying to appeal to a new audience with the last three albums, I'd have to disagree. The reality is they have come to embody predictable, boring, cash-cow corporate rock. Pop was the last album that took a risk and attempted to challenge their audience. When that didn't become a blockbuster, the band slinked back into the tried and true. "We glorify the past when the future dries up." They'll always be the band that made me passionate about music. But, sadly -- and I've said it before -- they have become Beyonce with guitars. It was embarrassing and sad to pay $250 for a seat on the latest leg and listen as Bono had the crowd sing the high and not so high notes of songs in the same set list from the night before. The man wasnt even trying. To me, that's a sign that he's in it for the pay check and the ego boost. After 30 years of listening and defnding U2 at every turn, here are words I never thought I'd say -- I couldn't care less if they make another album or tour again. But if they have to, I'd prefer it be a real departure and a few small theaters. Something experimental. Passengers II. Bono: please stop saying you're applying for the best rock band in the world if your going to keep playing and acting like The Eagles.

What should u2 do next They should act their age.u2 still want to be relevent and cool with the kids they could release there greatest album and still most of youngsters wouldnt be intrested because its u2.u2 arent cool with the kids anymore. I mean there were plans to work with david bloody guetta what the hell is that all about i can just imagine what bono would look like singing something like sexy bitch lol

is this for real? David Guetta!  Can't be true?!  They don't need to do  that.

• Subscriber

Take a break for a few months and give us a decent album. A rock album and none of this techno dance nonsense. Think about arena tours so we can get up close and personal again. The 360 was amazing and i am glad i seen it 3 times but i liked the Elevation tour and Vertigo. I love stadium tours too.

Anyway i am happy what ever we get as long as its not a dance album i will be happy.

http://community.u2.com/d...bypass/images/tongue.gif