£385..& Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary Edition............

agt

• Subscriber

Anyone else getting a feeling of deja vu here, after the controversy over the super deluxe Rose Bowl set?

But that said, WHAT THE FUCK is the point of packaging the vinyl set and CD set in one big package, when it'd probably be a whole lot cheaper to buy the sets separately? Universal, you bloody fan-milkers. I'll probably get the super deluxe version instead of the uber deluxe version. It's over £200 cheaper. AND I won't have a bunch of stupid bloody vinyls sitting around with nothing to play them on. Fly shades? I've already got some perfectly good sunglasses of my own, thank you very much.

Also, Zooropa shouldn't be included. And I'm not saying that because it's my least favourite U2 album. I'm saying it because although Achtung and Zooropa were meant to be 'sister' albums, that doesn't justify putting them all in one package. In just under 2 years, it'll be Zooropa's 20th anniversary, and then it can have its own deluxe treatments. Or is just under 2 years too long for Universal to wait?

Uber deluxe? More like uber costly. I could get a guitar amp for the same price as the uber deluxe set. In fact, I could get one for a price CHEAPER than the uber deluxe set.

Y'know, Nine Inch Nails gave their last album, The Slip (2008) away for free. Why can't U2 indulge in that practise? Or do Universal heavily discourage stuff like that?

This gives me more of a reason not to renew my subscription this time.

its only taken you over 10 years to realise, u2 are selling out and now ripping off their own fans?!?! tongue.gif

thing is the items WILL be sold seperate. you know they will.....

zooropa will get a remastered release, in single disc and 2 disc set like boy october war......

the documentry "fall the sky down" will be released as a seperate dvd and possibly blu-ray.....

achtung single remaster and double remaster discs will be coming out....

and the vinyl too on its own...

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are people gonna wake up and realise that u2 don't have much of a shelf life left and have become a cash driven entity instead of the band we all know and love/loved......

honestly some people ared just so blind with loyalty that it makes them mental......£275 (lowest quoted so far) for an album etc get to f**k does Bono live in the real world all this bollocks about the worlds poor going on about recessions etc and don't anyone give me bollocks about "it's nothing to do with them" it is thier album thier product therefore they have some resposibility to this crap.

I posted this on another thread:

Are you freaking kidding me?!!!! Now we see what Paul McG. meant about uber fans would pay up for an uber deluxe edition. I don't think so! I'm freaking stunned at the cost! This also is only for the UK on October 31st. I paid $77 for Springsteen's deluxe edition that has a 80 page book, a DVD documentary on the making of Darkness On The Edge of Town album with home rehearsals and studio sessions from 1978, a DVD pro-mastered house cut bootleg of a 1978 show, DVD of a 2009 performance of the entire album in Asbury Park; and 21 unreleased songs.

U2's has the DVD of a show we all have already (Sydney), why not a DVD of a show we DON'T have. It doesn't say how many songs of unheard material recorded during the AB sessions (makes me wonder).

The price is utterly, horrendously OVERPRICED TO THE MAX!!!! OMG, in this sucky world wide economy they really expect people to pay that? What world are they living in?!

In $ that would be $628! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

• Subscriber

When are people gonna wake up and realise that u2 don't have much of a shelf life left and have become a cash driven entity instead of the band we all know and love/loved......

honestly some people ared just so blind with loyalty that it makes them mental......£275 (lowest quoted so far) for an album etc get to f**k does Bono live in the real world all this bollocks about the worlds poor going on about recessions etc and don't anyone give me bollocks about "it's nothing to do with them" it is thier album thier product therefore they have some resposibility to this crap.

we still have the remasters of pop, all that you can't leave behind, how to dismantle an atomic bomb, no line on the horizon to come out yet................plenty of sleeping left to do yet!!!!

• Subscriber

some crazy twat on atu2 forum said "its so worth the money........"roll.gif

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

basher1']When are people gonna wake up and realise that u2 don't have much of a shelf life left and have become a cash driven entity instead of the band we all know and love/loved......

some crazy twat on atu2 forum said "its so worth the money........"roll.gif

doesn't surprise me some folk are so detached from reality.