Another 'Mercy' Thread

Redhead11

• Subscriber

You guys already know this..but....I LOVE 'MERCY' SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif Like seriously. I am so passionate about this song, lol!!!! I could go on and on and on. But I won't. 

It reminds me of a mix of the older U2 from the UF, JT, and AB years...but in this age. 
The lyrics are definite Bono-y type lyrics with all the opposites and comparisons. You can seriously feel the emotion from the song and Edge is great and everything just fits. They. Must. Release. This. Officially. So the whole wide world can hear it. I'm getting tired of having to wait!! wink.giflaugh.gifhappy.gif
But. What version? 

The original.....
Or.....
The new version? 

Both are below. What do you think?

I like the ending better in the new version. I like some of the lyrics in the old one.
But. If the boys can put that kinda raw, open feeling of the old version into the new version......WOW. That would make for one happy Redhead!! happy.gifhappy.gif 

• Subscriber

Old version was Bad-esque in the sense that it had a lot of potential in the lyrics but it didn't really feel good because it was far too long...still a great tune, can't understand why they left it out of HTDAAB.

New one, on the other hand, feels great live (if only the crowd knew the lyrics!) and is geared more towards a single release sometime soon. Also I was positively surprised with the new lyrics, they seemed more centered. Also the solo plays beautifully...

• Subscriber

Old version was Bad-esque in the sense that it had a lot of potential in the lyrics but it didn't really feel good because it was far too long...still a great tune, can't understand why they left it out of HTDAAB.

New one, on the other hand, feels great live (if only the crowd knew the lyrics!) and is geared more towards a single release sometime soon. Also I was positively surprised with the new lyrics, they seemed more centered. Also the solo plays beautifully...

OMG. Can you believe what a single this would be?clap.gif And yes the solo is AMAZING. 

• Subscriber

The older version has more passion in Bono's vocals (maybe that's just because it's a studio take versus live), but I like the "because, because, because, we can, we must" line and some of the other reworked lyrics. I'd love to hear a combined version with the same passion as the original. 

• Subscriber

The older version has more passion in Bono's vocals (maybe that's just because it's a studio take versus live), but I like the "because, because, because, we can, we must" line and some of the other reworked lyrics. I'd love to hear a combined version with the same passion as the original.