Song of the tour

danielsentana

• Subscriber

Nearly a month after the end of the 360 tour, I am left with lots of great memories from these past years. U2 had some wonderful moments on stage, and most of them came when new songs/ old songs appeared for the first time on the tour.

Among the many songs that appeared, some became staples during the tour, others made sporadic but unforgettable apparitions. 

Which song do you think was the song of the tour? It could be a song performed at every show: Crazy Remix, for example, mysterious at first but a favorite eventually; or a singularity like Electrical Storm, which only got three shows. 

For me, it was Zooropa. It was nearly fully performed, lacking a few verses but the essence, the soul of it was there. Ultraviolet and TUF, close seconds though

It could also be that I haven't seen it live; I got the chance to see Ultraviolet and The Unforgettable Fire in Barcelona, which could explain why I favour Zooropa. 

So...what's your pick? (I'm guessing Redhead's Mercy) laugh.gif

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

My vote definately goes to Ultraviolet. Iv loved that song forever and to hear it live for the first time in Dublin, with my daughter by my side , was an very special moment. I was lucky enough to hear it 5 times in 09, unfortunately it wasn't played at any of the other shows i went to in '10 and '11 :'(

• Subscriber

i first saw the 360 tour in croke park and i must admit i loved the nloth songs. Its a close race between ultra vioet and the unforgettable fire for me though. Also loved hearing uteotw and Bad at wembley stadium.

The best track for me was the fly at glastonbury after a really bad start with even better then the real thing u2 hit home with the fly

• Subscriber

Daniel, as much as I love Mercy, we all know the song of the tour was.......................................................................................................................................................................

In a Little While 

• Subscriber

Daniel, as much as I love Mercy, we all know the song of the tour was.......................................................................................................................................................................

In a Little While 
HAHAHAHA you'll have half the Zoo here agreeing with you...especially Max wink.gif