The end of the world: Next Friday

nazhira

So, I've just read about Harold Camping, 99 years old, in United States.

App this guy said the end of the world would be on 21 may 2011. Many of his followers sold their properties and donate the money to Camping campaign. Camping said a massive earthquake would destroy the entire humanity with the excepcion of TRUE believers. Nothing happened then. The authorities are even investigating some suicides occured they think have relation with Camping's prophecy.

Now, this guy said he read the bible again and he made a mistake in the date. Recalculated date is for next Friday 21 october 2011.
pimp.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

OK, let's call McGuiness and organize a U2 show for us Zootops. If we die, he'll have charged us a lot of money but we die happy.

If not, he'll have charged us a lot of money, spend it and we live happy

• Subscriber

I was glad the May 21st date was oin correct, as that was the night I saw U2 kick off the US/Canada leg of the Tour in Denver. Bono dedicate Until the End of the World to Harold Camping. However, if the world did come to an end that night, it would have been a great way to go out and to avoid the traffic getting home.

Sadly, this man lives not too far from me. He had a radio broadcast and billboard countdown to the end of the world. He actually said there was "No way the end of the world wouldn't happen May 21st 2011" 

Whoops, it didn't happen. 
There were actually a lot of light hearted, end of the world parties that weekend. Everybody but Camping and his followers enjoyed it.
Camping responded by sheepishly locking his front door for several days to keep reporters and disappointed followers who ran up huge debts on their credit cards, at bay. Within days, he survived a mild stroke, recalculated his prediction and gamely announced October 21st was the true end of the world, and sorry folks for the inconvenience.  
What do you think will happen Oct 21st? I predict Camping has to lock his front door again...

• Subscriber

Sadly, this man lives not too far from me. He had a radio broadcast and billboard countdown to the end of the world. He actually said there was "No way the end of the world wouldn't happen May 21st 2011" 
Whoops, it didn't happen. 
There were actually a lot of light hearted, end of the world parties that weekend. Everybody but Camping and his followers enjoyed it.
Camping responded by sheepishly locking his front door for several days to keep reporters and disappointed followers who ran up huge debts on their credit cards, at bay. Within days, he survived a mild stroke, recalculated his prediction and gamely announced October 21st was the true end of the world, and sorry folks for the inconvenience.  
What do you think will happen Oct 21st? I predict Camping has to lock his front door again...

I think what he actually said was that by the 21st of October all atheists (like me) would be dead. Ah well. If that's the case, bye everyone! It's been a lot of fun.