Occupy Wall Street

nazhira

• Subscriber

It is better when law enforcement practices tolerance, especially under this economic duress and the extenuating circumstances of the economic crisis deeply affecting US an Europe at this time. frown.gif

Oakland is struggling too at this time.  This occupation is clearly most effective when the protestors remain peaceful.  I admire all those who are staying put and enduring the challenges, waiting to see real resolution.

I'd like to know why when all the teabaggers (Tea Party) morons held their demonstrations with a lot of them waving guns, rifles, etc. they were never arrested or harrassed. The Occupiers are hitting a big nerve with the 'establishment', and that's a very good thing. I admire every last one of them for keeping it up. They need to weed out anyone who may be infiltrating them and trying to create violence. That is a long known tactic of the so called 'authorities'. They'll even send in undercover cops to try and incite violence. Another Veteran was injured in Oakland the other day. God this stuff makes me so angry!

• Subscriber

I'd like to know why when all the teabaggers (Tea Party) morons held their demonstrations with a lot of them waving guns, rifles, etc. they were never arrested or harrassed. The Occupiers are hitting a big nerve with the 'establishment', and that's a very good thing. I admire every last one of them for keeping it up. They need to weed out anyone who may be infiltrating them and trying to create violence. That is a long known tactic of the so called 'authorities'. They'll even send in undercover cops to try and incite violence. Another Veteran was injured in Oakland the other day. God this stuff makes me so angry!
I've been thinking the same thing....  seems the teabaggers got away with a lot....  

[quote name='nikki1120 wrote:

surrenders']I'd like to know why when all the teabaggers (Tea Party) morons held their demonstrations with a lot of them waving guns, rifles, etc. they were never arrested or harrassed. The Occupiers are hitting a big nerve with the 'establishment', and that's a very good thing. I admire every last one of them for keeping it up. They need to weed out anyone who may be infiltrating them and trying to create violence. That is a long known tactic of the so called 'authorities'. They'll even send in undercover cops to try and incite violence. Another Veteran was injured in Oakland the other day. God this stuff makes me so angry!

I've been thinking the same thing....  seems the teabaggers got away with a lot....  

I totally agree because it's as if there's a doulble-standard because the tea-partiers can protest all they want,but Heaven forbid if someone speaks out against Wall Street.

• Subscriber

It's aggravating that in some of the areas with Occupy protests, that the police and other authorities seem to be so confrontational with the protesters. We have an Occupy protest here in LA, and I rarely hear about any problems with them. The protesters have been camped out on the lawn of city hall for a good month now. The current worry for city officials regarding the protest is the fact that the grass is all dead and they fear that the trees will fall ill because they can't be watered. Officials and protesters have been holding talks and negotiations to find an alternate location that they can move to. The city council actually passed a resolution in support of the Occupy LA protest and are working peaceably with the protesters. 

Because they have guns? Not wise to engage minutemen.

Side note:

Can you guys STOP occuping Hawaii with this campaign? We already have APEC to deal with, anything else is gonna end badly for someone.

I would suggest instead occupying a fruit stand, a cash register, a hotel concierge desk, a cubicle, not our parks.

[quote name='Sigma957 wrote:

Because they have guns? Not wise to engage minutemen.

Side note:

Can you guys STOP occuping Hawaii with this campaign? We already have APEC to deal with, anything else is gonna end badly for someone.

I would suggest instead occupying a fruit stand, a cash register, a hotel concierge desk, a cubicle, not our parks.

surrenders']I'd like to know why when all the teabaggers (Tea Party) morons held their demonstrations with a lot of them waving guns, rifles, etc. they were never arrested or harrassed. The Occupiers are hitting a big nerve with the 'establishment', and that's a very good thing. I admire every last one of them for keeping it up. They need to weed out anyone who may be infiltrating them and trying to create violence. That is a long known tactic of the so called 'authorities'. They'll even send in undercover cops to try and incite violence. Another Veteran was injured in Oakland the other day. God this stuff makes me so angry!

Oh sorry the occupiers that are practicing freedom of assembly and speech because their lives and futures suck are inconvenient for you.

I'm sure the occupiers would gladly occupy jobs if they could, it's one of the main reasons they're in the parks and streets.  Hello!!

[quote name='nikki1120 wrote:

Actually the reason they got away with it all is because they were backed financially by the Koch brothers and other repulicCON organizations to push their own agenda.  The general population of moron teabaggers don't even understand they're siding against their own interests.  They just love a good sound bite without realizing what the hell is going on in secret.

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

It's aggravating that in some of the areas with Occupy protests, that the police and other authorities seem to be so confrontational with the protesters. We have an Occupy protest here in LA, and I rarely hear about any problems with them. The protesters have been camped out on the lawn of city hall for a good month now. The current worry for city officials regarding the protest is the fact that the grass is all dead and they fear that the trees will fall ill because they can't be watered. Officials and protesters have been holding talks and negotiations to find an alternate location that they can move to. The city council actually passed a resolution in support of the Occupy LA protest and are working peaceably with the protesters. 

I'm glad to hear this about Occupy LA.  Whatever they're doing they need to pass it on to all the other Occupied cities.