The Zoo is Dead? I challenge you!

Redhead11

i agree,i don,t think it,s dead,i,m so glad i,m on here and able to make friends with people all over the world which without this site i wouldn,t be able to do,plus through this site i have met up with some great people,

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 2006 when Bonolulu was imminent, there was a site based in Hawaii. That site is deserted. I go there to look at the old draperiess and faded shelfware from time to time.

http://zootopiahawaii.proboards.com/index.cgi?

It thrived in 2006. Fans from across the universe (okay maybe not Uranus) posted there. It was happening. And since then....yea...

But this ZOO is not dead, the primates just haven't been fed recently ;o]

• Community Moderator

Redhead, you know I love you for this thread. I have come to U2.com since it began. I first posted in the Zoo in 2005 and I try to come here almost everyday....still.

Like so many people, I am sad that the Vertigo Zoo is no longer around; but sadly no one likes change and that's been the hard part. There are people that I miss from the Vertigo Zoo, and it really is time to move on. But I've gotten to know lots of people that weren't around then and enjoy the conversation with them.

The biggest problem is that it is now a Corporation website and they don't really listen to their fans opinions. I personally find the Zoo too busy with too many folders and subfolders and you can find yourself losing a thread in here very easily....but that is coming from someone that had no problems with the Vertigo Zoo. Mind you, a lot of people griped about the Vertigo Zoo.... it was "too simple," "not up to technology standards," blah, blah, blah.

I hope one day, it is revived b/c I dislike most of the other sites, but as many have said, it is what we make it and it's up to those who want to make it better to it a better place.

• Subscriber

If I could figure out how to get rid of a 19-year old pain-in-the ass, I would have more time for U2.com!  roll.gif

Just curious since I don't FB,  are things more active there?  As I recall, a lot of Zootops jumped ship and went to Facebook.

• Subscriber

If I could figure out how to get rid of a 19-year old pain-in-the ass, I would have more time for U2.com!  roll.gif

Just curious since I don't FB,  are things more active there?  As I recall, a lot of Zootops jumped ship and went to Facebook.

Where on FB? I'm a newbie to U2 Fan boards and I post here and on Atu2.com U2 Interference was not newbie friendly interface for me, so these are my two choices. 

• Subscriber

The Zoo will only die when we let it die - people complain that it is dead but then they never post or interact etc... and then it goes in a big circle

right, zhiv! and if everybody keeps saying we're dead and boring, sooner or later we'll end up believing it! sure you don want that to happen??? please keep me alive! 

11971193111133672930FunDraw_dot_com_Praying_Skeleton.svg.med.png