Bono's making the rounds...

Redhead11

• Subscriber

We got some Bono interviews coming due to World Aids Day. happy.gif

@U2, November 25, 2011

By: Tassoula / @tassoula

@U2 reader Libby tipped us off that Bono will indeed appear on two more shows in honor of World AIDS Day, Dec. 1.

He'll start his morning with Alicia Keys on ABC's Good Morning America, then sit for an afternoon interview (presumably alone) on NBC's The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

Check your local listings for air times.

@U2, November 23, 2011

By: m2 / @mattmcgee

Bono will take part in a live, online panel to mark World AIDS Day next Thursday, December 1st. The panel is called The Beginning Of The End Of AIDS, and will include former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, along with Alicia Keys and others. It's scheduled for 10:00 am ET and will stream on YouTube. You can ask questions for the panel for the next four days via The ONE Campaign's YouTube channel.

@U2, November 21, 2011

By: Matt McGee / @mattmcgee

Maybe use pencil for now, but mark your calendar for next Wednesday, November 30 -- that's the date when, according to one website, Bono will be a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show. The info comes from Late Night Lineups, an unofficial site that tracks and lists guests appearing on a variety of nighttime TV shows. The officialDaily Show website hasn't posted next week's lineup yet, but the lineup for this week's shows are the same both the official site and Late Night Lineups.

UPDATE: This is now confirmed. Bono will appear on The Daily Show on Wednesday, November 30, and is listed on the show's website.

Thank goodness again for atu2.happy.gif Hope you guys are having a great weekend!!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite scary now that the economies of the world are in tatters. The funds that were suppose to be paid have not. The programs that were making such great strides in the combat of the monsters out there (these diseases) are going to be halted and I am frightened to think how fast disease and illness will spread worldwide. You can have all the missles in the world but they can't take out something you can't see unless you have a microscope and the drugs you need as well as the awareness programs. It's a catostrophy waiting to happen...

• Subscriber

Wahine, your post intrigued me and I asked a friend high up in national public health policy and implementation where I could find data on what you mentioned. He gave me a few leads, PEPFAR and the WHO to start.

I wondered what data you found that says the programs are no longer being funded as in paid out.

Thanks!

• Subscriber

The USA Congress (Republican majority) is deadlocking President Obama's budget plan.  The funding for The Feed the Future program is in the budget that has not gone through.  Domestic service programs in the USA for economically disadvantaged people, including children,elderly and disabled are also under duress.  I've called my state senators and representatives to encourage them to keep the funding for Feed the Future, as this is where the greatest need.  Aids, malaria, TB,  starvation.... this should be #1 priority of all world governments.  This is not a political issue, it's a human issue. 

I personally would wish to thank Bono for bringing me back to myself !happy.gif

I hope i get to watch in real time on the internet.

• Subscriber

The USA Congress (Republican majority) is deadlocking President Obama's budget plan.  The funding for The Feed the Future program is in the budget that has not gone through.  Domestic service programs in the USA for economically disadvantaged people, including children,elderly and disabled are also under duress.  I've called my state senators and representatives to encourage them to keep the funding for Feed the Future, as this is where the greatest need.  Aids, malaria, TB,  starvation.... this should be #1 priority of all world governments.  This is not a political issue, it's a human issue. 

I personally would wish to thank Bono for bringing me back to myself !happy.gif

I hope i get to watch in real time on the internet.

Wahine might have data on other countries who historically do not fulfill their UN/WHO pledges. That is what I want to see. I can find what the US does. They are an historically reliable relief support, but the other information is not so easy to find. My friend did mention a particular very wealthy nation which pledges their financial support and does not come through, repeatedly. We only had a minute to chat after church, so I was looking for more comprehensive info. 

We got some Bono interviews coming due to World Aids Day. happy.gif

@U2, November 25, 2011

By: Tassoula / @tassoula

@U2 reader Libby tipped us off that Bono will indeed appear on two more shows in honor of World AIDS Day, Dec. 1.

He'll start his morning with Alicia Keys on ABC's Good Morning America, then sit for an afternoon interview (presumably alone) on NBC's The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

Check your local listings for air times.

@U2, November 23, 2011

By: m2 / @mattmcgee

Bono will take part in a live, online panel to mark World AIDS Day next Thursday, December 1st. The panel is called The Beginning Of The End Of AIDS, and will include former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, along with Alicia Keys and others. It's scheduled for 10:00 am ET and will stream on YouTube. You can ask questions for the panel for the next four days via The ONE Campaign's YouTube channel.

@U2, November 21, 2011

By: Matt McGee / @mattmcgee

Maybe use pencil for now, but mark your calendar for next Wednesday, November 30 -- that's the date when, according to one website, Bono will be a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show. The info comes from Late Night Lineups, an unofficial site that tracks and lists guests appearing on a variety of nighttime TV shows. The officialDaily Show website hasn't posted next week's lineup yet, but the lineup for this week's shows are the same both the official site and Late Night Lineups.

UPDATE: This is now confirmed. Bono will appear on The Daily Show on Wednesday, November 30, and is listed on the show's website.

Thank goodness again for atu2.happy.gif Hope you guys are having a great weekend!!!

Bush and Clinton....hmmm....and Bono....hhmmm.....interesting to watch.....or not.....