What new music are you looking forward to next year?

peterferris8

• Subscriber

Another year draws to a close. In music...well, we have seen some pretty awful stuff in 2011 but some of it has been well worth listening to (Elbow's Build A Rocket Boys! for one thing - and I saw them live!). Next year brings new stuff. I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing new material from Linkin Park, Editors, perhaps the recently-reunited Soundgarden, Green Day (one of those bands I disliked at first but then listened to their stuff and thought "Hey! This actually isn't that bad!"), Muse (aiming for an album out by October), Biffy Clyro, Lostprophets ('answers' coming in the first week of the new year), The Prodigy, Nine Inch Nails (possibly), Queens Of The Stone Age, Paramore, Slash, Bruce Springsteen, Tool and possibly Fightstar. To add to that, I'm looking at going to 2 music festivals during summer - Sonisphere and then Reading. Rumours for Sonisphere include Rage Against The Machine, Linkin Park, Soundgarden, Skindred (not headlining obviously) and Muse. Reading is rumoured to have Green Day, Linkin P, Biffy Clyro (subbing), Noel Gallagher, Franz Ferdinand, and (most likely of all to headline) Foo Fighters. And I've got tickets to see Red Hot Chili Peppers at Knebworth House in Stevenage (same place as Sonisphere, as it happens!). So musically, next year definitely won't be boring for me!

But what about you? Who are you looking forward to hearing new material from? Are you going to any gigs or festivals?