i'm fed up with all this!!!

barbara1

• Subscriber

my house looks like a dump at this moment, an encampement. boxes filled with cutlery, food, kitchen equipments all over the place. kitchen itself looks like a warzone, its ice cold in there cause heathing turned off, plaster all over the place, table covered with tools...eek.gif

not looking much better on the outside, driveway still dugged up cause started to freeze before the workmen could finish it. still no windows or door (wonder what takes them so long??? i just know they're doin it on purpose. to annoy me!mad.gifmad.gif)
i know i'm being stupid...  people get cancer and other diseases and every day people die. some are homeless or starving.frown.gif 
i should shut up and count my blessings. but i'm just so tired of it all. sick.gif
sorry, didnt mean to bug you....embarassed.gif
just go on with whatever you were doin and never mind me. i will just sit here and sulk, moan, grumble some more. and tomorrow will come and things might look better. they just might...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I renovated my house so I know exactly how you feel.

There is certain point when you want to move and leave everything, is perfectly normal.

But I can tell you, there is a time when the work is finished, when everything is clean and the workers aren't there anymore and you enjoy your house, know beautiful, comfortable, exactly like you want it.

Take a deep breath, this too shall pass....

Hope very soon

• Subscriber

We did a reno too, but just a small, cosmetic one because the structure was perfect - we just changed out the flooring, countertops, appliances, fixtures, etc. I thought that took too long, lol, but any kind of mess drives me crazy, so I cannot imagine what you are going through. Maybe you need a vacation from it all? You can come to sunny So.Cal. and stay in our guest room for awhile. I'm going to go make up the bed for you now.

• Subscriber

wow, thanx nazh and janette. you're so sweet. and i'm glad to know you both survived the mess.

and your offer sounds great janette, i was just saying to zhiv last night how jealous i get on people who can live with their parents or family for the time of the works. not us, not with 3 kids and cats&dogs. not when we all need to get to work, school,...  but would be so nice to pack up and leave for sunny california and sit by your pool, even when its a bit too chilly to swim in it. 

OH Barbara....

Many a time I've thought about you.....you have gone through so much on your little home, with family and pets and now winter time it can't be easy... remember time when I lived at home, and home being turned upside down while work going on in our house.... Time will come when all finished and you can sit back and love your castle and be a happy Barbara. xxx

Maybe try and get away for a long weekend this month.......being it's your Birthday...happy.gif

• Subscriber

OH Barbara....

Many a time I've thought about you.....you have gone through so much on your little home, with family and pets and now winter time it can't be easy... remember time when I lived at home, and home being turned upside down while work going on in our house.... Time will come when all finished and you can sit back and love your castle and be a happy Barbara. xxx

Maybe try and get away for a long weekend this month.......being it's your Birthday...happy.gif

we are, suee! we booked 2 nights in hotel in germany (with wellness happy.gif), we're leaving on the 22th. cant wait !! (but part of me don wanna leave things behind like this...)

• Subscriber

Hey Barbara1, I know how you feel, we are having an extension done and work has had to stop cos' of the cold and the worst bit is still to come.I have girders all over my drive, neighbours who hate us, house is freezin...NO FUN...

Remember , it's just a matter of time and it will all be finished and be how you want it.

Have a glass and go think it's one more day closer to the finshing point.