Adam and Mental Health services

n2u274

• Subscriber
I consider myself quite a strong person but back in December I started to go really down hill due to my younger brother being found dead.

I didn't realise what was happening to me, until I went to the Doctor's and was shown that I had slipped into severe depression. For the last 4 months I've been on anti-depressants and having counciling.

The work Mental Health Services do is amazing and my appreciation of everything they've done for me is greatly appreciated. They've helped me return to work last Friday after nearly 3 months off, get my life back on track and enable me to not be embarrassed about what has happend to me.

Usually I would never talk about stuff like this, but the cause has become something I really believe in. Invaluable has not been the word. I would also thank some very great U2 fans, who hopefully now see how important there acts of kindness actually were to me! I'll never forget it.

agt, stay strong. I struggle with manic-depression, and am here for you if needed.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Hats off to Adam for adding his celebrity leverage to this cause! Mental health issues are tricky because no one ever wants to talk about them, but they are so prevalent! Nice job, Adam!

• Subscriber

lol bragi, true when you think about it, if we were studied under a microscope, who knows what could cause some of these illnesses.. I suffer mental disorders too :o( I hate it, but I guess its better than a person with a dry flat personality..

• Subscriber

May I ask what is your title? Mine is bi-polar..  I believe I can be in two dimensions, yet mirror all the so called normal people I have to deal with on a daily basis..pimp.gif

• Subscriber

schizophrenia, but most people dont believe me when I tell, them. Think drugs and alcohol at a young age was the cause but not certain..Could also be when I had a compression session with my brothers at age 12, at the time I couldn't stop laughing, was funny, does make me laugh, I did feel good at the time, but as years went by and tried other things, things started to change for me, and well it's not so funny anymore.. I get flashbacks, and can suddenly felt really wasted, but I had nothing, or I can feel like im on ice, and my mind and energy levels are on high, or I could feel like im on opium and feels like im on cloud nine, that doesn't feel too bad, or I can get vertigo and feel like im a little drunk for a few seconds, orrrrrrrrrrr I could feel like im on a really really bad trip, orrrrrrrr I can feel like im on magic mushrooms and see all sorts of funny colours and things but that dont bother me, thats just kids stuff, needless to say this is what happens to me if I dont take my medication, or I can be perfectly normal on an odd day, Yeah I know, ''strange'' lol but the paranoia comes from hanging around cold hard people, and taking things too seriously, as well as not feeling well, Its almost like imagining what poison ivy is like, once you try it you can only come back sometimes.. I hate it, im really an enemy to myself, self inflicting punishment and blame to myself..

Most of the time schizophrenic's have a shorter life span and death rate is high, because many cant cope so they commit suicide.. I confess before I came back to being a christian I atempted at least 4 times, until they found the right mediacation for me, and now Im perfectly fine, suffer a little depression now and then, because I want to help my daughter with OCD but cant, wanted to offer her a proper family like home, but my fiance died, so been single with her since then..

I dont have time for careless people, unless they want to change..

not talking about my daughter either lol, about, backbiters, and people with no understanding, kindness and discernment..

But I have a little joke for ya ; Just because im paranoid, doesn't mean people are not following me ;o)

Saw that on a top once, it made me laugh..

I never tell people, so this is the first time I've kinda exposed myself, im ashamed of it, yet at least im not as bad as some , who have a vague dillusional stare and give you the creeps grin.gif

• Subscriber

Most of the time schizophrenic's have a shorter life span and death rate is high, because many cant cope so they commit suicide.. I confess before I came back to being a christian I atempted at least 4 times, until they found the right mediacation for me, and now Im perfectly fine, suffer a little depression now and then, because I want to help my daughter with OCD but cant, wanted to offer her a proper family like home, but my fiance died, so been single with her since then..

I dont have time for careless people, unless they want to change..