Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrn42

Kony 2012

You read my mind. I literally just finished watching this and thought about sharing it here. Very powerful and only 30 minutes of your time.

You read my mind. I literally just finished watching this and thought about sharing it here. Very powerful and only 30 minutes of your time.

I cant watch this but I would love to, gig wont allo me to, could somebody please summarize what its all about, much appreciated ;o)

The video went viral yesterday so I think many people are having a tough time viewing the video. It's also on Vimeo too. 

The idea behind this is to make the most wanted man in the world, Joseph Kony, famous. He is the most wanted man in the world and nobody knows who he is. This video campaign is hoping to change all of that by raising awareness. Joseph Kony is the leader of the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army) in Africa. He abducts and uses children for his army. The boys go to work as solders and the girls are turned into sex slaves.  The video will best explain the call to action it is asking people. But simply, watch the video and share it with everyone.

Here is an article by the Huffington Post which explains it better than I will. But definitely watch the video when you can. 

Joseph Kony 2012: Video Campaign Underscores Lord's Resistance Army Abuses

Another one worth reading which offers a more in-depth look at the issue of Joseph Kony and the LRA. The Huffington post article links to it which is how I found it. It also poses some further issues for people to ponder, putting pressure on the Ugandan President Yoweri Musevini and his administration.

Stopy Kony, yes. But don't stop asking questions

The video went viral yesterday so I think many people are having a tough time viewing the video. It's also on Vimeo too. 

The idea behind this is to make the most wanted man in the world, Joseph Kony, famous. He is the most wanted man in the world and nobody knows who he is. This video campaign is hoping to change all of that by raising awareness. Joseph Kony is the leader of the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army) in Africa. He abducts and uses children for his army. The boys go to work as solders and the girls are turned into sex slaves.  The video will best explain the call to action it is asking people. But simply, watch the video and share it with everyone.

Here is an article by the Huffington Post which explains it better than I will. But definitely watch the video when you can. 

Joseph Kony 2012: Video Campaign Underscores Lord's Resistance Army Abuses

Another one worth reading which offers a more in-depth look at the issue of Joseph Kony and the LRA. The Huffington post article links to it which is how I found it. It also poses some further issues for people to ponder, putting pressure on the Ugandan President Yoweri Musevini and his administration.

Stopy Kony, yes. But don't stop asking questions

I'll check this out, thanks!

This has been happening for years. Why so many people are jumping on this bandwagon now I don't know.

I think instead of talking about "bandwagon jumping" , how about talking about the DAMN LACK OF COVERAGE of this bastard!!!! This is the first I'm hearing about it , and I'm a pretty well-read , world events-aware person.

I guess FINALLY its being covered enough.