22 young lives lost.... (and counting)

barbara1

• Subscriber

That's a lot of devastated families. The images of the coach on the news were shocking, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Thoughts and prays to every person who is affected by this, it's such a tragedy.

• Subscriber

The families will likely never recover . . . I was in a bus accident when I was 12 years old. It was a school trip and coming home, the bus rolled down a hill. I was thrown out of a window and probably would have been crushed except that the bus stopped rolling. I woke up with the bus on its side and I had just come out the window, still up on the bus. I remember jumping down, the screams and crying, and the passersby who came to comfort me. The next thing I remember was being interviewed by the TV news in the hospital and that's when I learned of the kids and the parent chaperones who had died. One of the families who lost their daughter and a good friend of mine lived down the block from us. The parents ended up divorcing and moving away. Another girl had to have a metal plate put into her head and I heard many years later that she had tried to kill herself. To this day, I will not go near a bus and I dread my kids' field trips. They have a band trip to San Francisco coming up at the end of April and I've already started to worry about it. I just don't think people get over these things, not really.

• Subscriber

i'm so sorry to hear that janette. what a horrible experience and memory that must be to you. {{hugs to you}}

i was never confronted with any serious accident in my family, but i can tell you all losing a child is something you never recover from. i've seen my parents change into totally different persons when it happened to them. and tho they managed to stay together, i sometimes wonder to what cost.... they will never be the same again, and for me it was the moment i lost my age of innocence.
and i know people mean well with using lines bout god and angels, but those words make me shiver and more determent that i don want anything to do with such a cruel god.