No Line On the Horizon

DavidAK

• Subscriber

I have always liked this album but it was not top of the list because I have had so many others to enjoy over the last 14 months.

Listening again to it and I must say it really is excellent! Opening with NLH which I love, especially Live. But my favourite song is Moment of Surrender, powerful, thoughtful and Edge can do no wrong on it, it is truly one of their best songs ever!

Maybe Get on Yer Boots is not quite an Elevation or Vertigo but how do you ever match that!? The only other thing thats missing is a Mysterious Ways type of song with that beautiful and almost hypnotic, swirling rythym!

Then there are more gems, White as snow leaves me feeling grateful for life and wanting to discover the depths of my being! Breathe really helps me to keep going when times are tough and it has always been a favourite!

It was always going to be difficult to follow Atomic Bomb and Leave Behind but I think that U2 have done themselves proud with their latest album (2009 is long gone guys, hint, hint!)!

• Subscriber

The wind is lovely it just depends where it is coming from and whom, if you thinking like perhaps mother nature, well thats really nice, if your thinking humand wind lol which goes in and out of man, well thats not so good, so either they make a crappy album or a good one, depends what they thinking and doing..

• Community Moderator

NLOTH is a brilliant album! Even after almost 3 years, it is still in very heavy rotation in my playlist. It was fresh and a step outside the box. The first 5 songs still just blow me away. I have to admit that I didn't love "Boots" at the beginning and it's still not one of my favorites on the album, but live, WOW! That song rocks live! "Fez" delivers the beauty of it all. And "Breathe", the drumbeat and getting to sing that at the top of my lungs...just amazing.

Just wish that they could still see that. :-( It's not about pleasing the masses, it's about pleasing themselves. And as I recall they were quite pleased with it.......until it didn't become an instant success with millions of people.

• Subscriber

FURTER CHILD: A PERFECT TITEL FOR THE NEXT U2 ALBUM: IT MAKES ME? FEEL DISSY WHEN I? AM THINKING OF THIS.

THE BOY`S PLAY ROCK AND ROLL AND THEY KNOW THAT THE NEXT ALBUM WILL BE EVEN BETTER THAN N.L.O.T.H.:

I AM SORRY TO SAY THIS: I NEVER FELD SO NERVUS TO WAIT OF A NEW U2 ALBUM, I CAN`T WAIT TILL I HEAR THE BASS-GITAR, THAN COMES LARRY, EDGE PLAY`S THE STARS FROM HEAVEN AND THAN BONO WITH HIS VOICE:

WHAT CAN WE ASPECT: IT`S DIFFECULT I KNOW:THE WORLD LEADERS SHALL PISS IN THERE PENS OF FEAR:

OK THAT`S A GOOD TITLE: WHEN THE WORLD WAS MADE FOR US, LOVE WILL NEVER DIE!

AT LEAST; GOOD LUCK U2 TO FIND THE RIGHT WAY TO? I DON`T KNOW WITCH WAY THE WIND WILL BLOW, I HOPE IN MY DIRECTION, SHE DIDN`T KNOW, LOVE IS LET AND GO.....................................

LOVE AND LIGHT, THE VERTIGO-HUNTER, D.LASSCHE, OLDENZAAL-CITY, THE NETHERLANDS.

MISS YOU SUGAR.

Caps lock is there for a reason...

• Subscriber

I love No Line On The Horizon. Still play it often as well. It took me a while to get Moment Of Surrender and appreciate it. White As Snow I listen to often and Breathe, it's lyrics always imprinted in my heart, it is very helpful and inspiring. Get On Your Boots was a great crowd pleaser and so was I'll Go Crazy. I'll have to say Magnificent and Unknown Caller are the favorites of the album for myself.

I think there could be another Mysterious Ways up their sleeve. A sexy album from the sexy men of U2. I'm excited that they will blow themselves and the world away with something new and fresh. More songs to rock the arenas, no...the stadiums. There is probably no going back to the tiny arenas when they can confidently pack the stadiums again.

• Subscriber

I love this album and play it all the time. I felt sad that U2 felt the need to drop some of the tracks from their setlist. I loved Unknown Caller during the early part of the 360 tour.....

I would have loved for them to play Fez, that is an amazing track, it blows me away everytime I hear it...

Magnificent has become one of my most favourite tracks....

It isn't often a group pulls off such an amazing 12th album in their career, most just settle for the same old stuff.

Waiting with interest to see what comes next !!!

• Subscriber

It would have been a much better album if Eno and Lanois were not all over it, covering the magic Edge normally comes up with on U2 albums.

What is missing from most of the songs is Edge's sound, and this made the album sound not as organic as previous production.

For years U2 have done ok as writing songs as a four piece, why on earth did Eno and Lanois write songs with them too? If that is the case why were they not on stage with them to play the songs they wrote and played on? And funny how the No Line songs sounded much better without all of the pretty shite Eno and Lanois put ontop!

I love the album anyhow, it has bold ideas on it, but too much Eno and Lanois. The sound of U2 was lost on that album. Shame.

If the album sounded like the songs live, ie Get On Your Boots, No Line On The Horizon, woah......!

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

new']FURTER CHILD: A PERFECT TITEL FOR THE NEXT U2 ALBUM: IT MAKES ME? FEEL DISSY WHEN I? AM THINKING OF THIS.

THE BOY`S PLAY ROCK AND ROLL AND THEY KNOW THAT THE NEXT ALBUM WILL BE EVEN BETTER THAN N.L.O.T.H.:

I AM SORRY TO SAY THIS: I NEVER FELD SO NERVUS TO WAIT OF A NEW U2 ALBUM, I CAN`T WAIT TILL I HEAR THE BASS-GITAR, THAN COMES LARRY, EDGE PLAY`S THE STARS FROM HEAVEN AND THAN BONO WITH HIS VOICE:

WHAT CAN WE ASPECT: IT`S DIFFECULT I KNOW:THE WORLD LEADERS SHALL PISS IN THERE PENS OF FEAR:

OK THAT`S A GOOD TITLE: WHEN THE WORLD WAS MADE FOR US, LOVE WILL NEVER DIE!

AT LEAST; GOOD LUCK U2 TO FIND THE RIGHT WAY TO? I DON`T KNOW WITCH WAY THE WIND WILL BLOW, I HOPE IN MY DIRECTION, SHE DIDN`T KNOW, LOVE IS LET AND GO.....................................

LOVE AND LIGHT, THE VERTIGO-HUNTER, D.LASSCHE, OLDENZAAL-CITY, THE NETHERLANDS.

MISS YOU SUGAR.

Caps lock is there for a reason...

Mac it's cause your deaf LOL clap.gif

• Subscriber

As Mac has said the songs live were awesome. And if the album had not been over produced it would have been a bigger seller.

Saying that it's still there best album for quite sometime. Maybe the need to create hits these days has shook there faith a bit, allowing them to let some people have a bit more involvement than they sould.

I would love them to do a stripped down version of the whole album at one point down the line, give it the proper U2 sound we all know and love.