Who likes Get On Your Boots like me ?

Mericege

I Disagree that Boots was written for Radio.....there is nothing safe about the Chrous (when Bono goes into that very low tone, a tone never heard on Radiobefore)...its a cutting edge tune that is ready to rock!! Again, I compare it to "The Fly"...and the reaction the Fly got when it was the firstsingle off of Achtung. It was not a radio success, and it was not written for radio. Cutting edge and different, just like Boots!! I also remember all ofthe so called U2 fans getting all over them about this new sound, and then it turned out to be their best album ever! I see many similarities with Achtung andNo Line.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely a great song. it took a while to grow on me. I bought it on iTunes when the single first came out and I was a bit disappointed at first, but themore I listened to it, the more I got to love it. Love the way Bono sings it, and that guitar is great too. Currently on my top 10 U2 as of right now (thoughthat's always changing haha)

• 4 weeks later...

I think is a good song and works really well on the album, but for a lead single it did send out the wrong message. If magnificent was the lead single it couldhave gone a different way, who knows. I loved the song as soon as i heard the guitar riff on its very first radio airplay, but havin listened to the albumthere is better songs on there and boots seems to have worn of me.

CONCLUSION MYSTERIOUS WAYS IS MY FAV SONG!!!!

• Subscriber

I actually love Boots! Loved it the first time I heard it. I hear it as a call for people to be involved in the world... to get on their work boots and pitchin to make things better. And I hear the lines like "candy floss ice cream" or "hey sexy boots!" as the band having fun as they deliver aserious message.

"You don't know how beautiful you are..." What a wonderful, affirming message in a world that tries to tear us down rather than build us up.

"I don't want to talk about wars between nations..." I think this is saying, enough already with all the negative crap on the news and thedivisions in our world. Let's talk about bringing people together instead of tearing them apart.

"Here's where we gotta be, love and community..." Amen! I never get tired of Bono's idealism! We may not get there anytime soon, but we needsomething to keep reaching for.

• Subscriber

The double meaning turns me right off

I guess I have a horrored picture of people using that term when using frangers...

Songs like that with double notation are not very comforting to the mentally ill society especially when you have yahoos out there taking advantage of suchthings..

Otherwise its a nice song.........