U2 Duals Appreciation Thread

joshthetree

• Subscriber

::. Probably some of those will be appreciated in the next decades. But, the fact that MELON & HASTA were released in the pre-internet era, makes them important.

Imagine a world without internet as we know it. How you could get a copy of those?

I started to buy U2 records in my teens back in the 80's, and in the 90's cd singles were hard to get in local music stores, but not impossible to get.

In 2002 my very first purchase ever via internet it was MELON, on a music online store named EIL.COM. It was the obvious choice among other stuff that was on sale that day. Not because it was cheap, it was because I wanted this cd very much. HASTA was harder to buy, more expensive but it represents a lot for Mexican Fans. It's a must have-cd.

ohwell.gif Sure Hasta is a Must Have eek.gifeek.gif Like LEMON wink.gif 

It's Hard to Pick Just ONE Fan Club Cd .....

And Indeed U22 Will ROCKS nerd.gif As U2360° Rocks banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif (why Can't we Get Vinyls ?)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

joshthetree wrote:

pain_18_']

Mac, I see your point, but I think the pole has sense because of its' abstractness, the general character..Some could say it's the best because of the 12 track that we listened to..I don't think the rest of the tunes are worse than this. As for the deluxe book...this goes well with your point, we say it's the best because of some of the songs but we can't know anything about it as a whole as others referred to the booklet and other stuff.

pimp.gif

Cheers !

couldn't have said that better me self
wink.gif

ps: U22 got my vote too
tongue.gif

Went for Zootv myself... laugh.gif best tour ever.....pimp.gifZOO TV was/ is an awesome collection too, I think it get's top marks for best packaging so farnerd.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='electricco wrote:

santiago2u']::. Probably some of those will be appreciated in the next decades. But, the fact that MELON & HASTA were released in the pre-internet era, makes them important.

Imagine a world without internet as we know it. How you could get a copy of those?

I started to buy U2 records in my teens back in the 80's, and in the 90's cd singles were hard to get in local music stores, but not impossible to get.

In 2002 my very first purchase ever via internet it was MELON, on a music online store named EIL.COM. It was the obvious choice among other stuff that was on sale that day. Not because it was cheap, it was because I wanted this cd very much. HASTA was harder to buy, more expensive but it represents a lot for Mexican Fans. It's a must have-cd.

ohwell.gif Sure Hasta is a Must Have eek.gifeek.gif Like LEMON wink.gif 

It's Hard to Pick Just ONE Fan Club Cd .....

And Indeed U22 Will ROCKS nerd.gif As U2360° Rocks banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif (why Can't we Get Vinyls ?)

Yes definitely HASTA LA VISTA BABY! is a really special CD and the DVD of the concert is up there with my favorites.  Yes we're really spoilt now with the internet being able to shop for collectables around the world, trading and swapping with fellow U2 fans.  Pre-internet was different wasn't it?!  I got most of my collectables and singles from local record stores or the small adverts in New Musical Express or Melody Maker.  With the internet the choice has gone up with the cost too as more and more people chase fewer stuff.  Also the internet is amazing as we get to see new old stuff like videos that have been around for ever but we've not been able to see them before..............amazinghappy.gif

• Subscriber

Ah yes Esprit Music (eil.com). A fantastic site. It's still online too. But a dangerous place for a U2 fan because of all the opportunities for purchase

:oD

::: Anyone being a U2 fan with a credit card and an internet service is dangerous ohwell.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='santiago2u wrote:

Sigma957']Ah yes Esprit Music (eil.com). A fantastic site. It's still online too. But a dangerous place for a U2 fan because of all the opportunities for purchase

:oD

::: Anyone being a U2 fan with a credit card and an internet service is dangerous roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifI Love Eil.com too, I 've bought a couple month ago

A  No Line On The Horizon Mexican issue & pair of official 2009 Mexican promotional only lithographs Great Deal ! wink.gif