The Unforgettable Single

joshthetree

• Subscriber
I really love the 'Unforgettable Single' feature on the Home Page, hope we can have some more features like this that fans can really participate in.....greatwink02.gif Yeah Thats Great ... Mine is New Year's Day

I was one of those 15 years old Kid wink.gif

• Community Moderator

[quote name='joshthetree wrote:

MacFoley']

Or maybe the U2.com has no real news and are bored. So have to make up the "singles" story?

It is a fan club so if we can participate more me thinks it's goodwink.gif

I agree, I think they are trying to do things for those that are still around that they can participate in.

• Subscriber

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

joshthetree wrote:

MacFoley']Or maybe the U2.com has no real news and are bored. So have to make up the "singles" story?

It is a fan club so if we can participate more me thinks it's good
wink.gif

I agree, I think they are trying to do things for those that are still around that they can participate in.

Funny that, because I looked at people posting on the singles thing, and I don't recognise any of those names.

People who posted on the singles, please post in here to keep something alive. 

• Subscriber

I didn't really weigh in on the singles thing, but it reminded me to go check out a few videos from back in the day. I clicked on Staring at The Sun and noticed was that it was directed by Morleigh Steinberg (didn't know that before). I was blown away by how great that video is. Bono in full performer mode, wearing so many hats/personas and he's funny as hell. Such a natural performer. Anyways, kudos to Morleigh on a great video production/direction. Then, I watched Red Hill Mining Town--such a marked difference in their look, musical style, image, persona. In 10 years. So interesting how they've reinvented over and over. I think that Pop era was so important in the band's "trying out things" period....I hope they will always allow themselves that - keep pushing the boundaries and stop needing the big anthemic hit singles so they can be inventive and capture authentic musical moments as it were.      

• Subscriber
It's bound to be quiet in here post tour and while the band aren't in the limelight but I quite like these threads in the meantime, why the hell not, I see nowt wrong with it personally, keeps us coming in and saying hello in our own way while we bide our time for The Return!

Anyway, it's New Years Day for me too, they had me forever after that!happy.gif