Video: Bono talks about BB King

febottini

• Subscriber

I´m already being part of UltraViolet-U2 Fan Club Brazil and I´m responsible for the news on the website (http://www.ultraviolet-u2.com/). I´m a member of the staff for almost two years. But just a short time ago I´ve started noticing that people were complaining here because there were no more news around, or exclusive articles and videos... people saying that are not going to subscribe anymore. It made me sad. So I decided to post some news here as well.

There are great articles on UV Brazil, but I can´t translate all of them. But some news like this video of Bono or The Edge playing with Bryan Ferry, for instance, it´s ok and I think fans love to know about these things.

I was a huge fan of the first version of Zootopia more than ten years ago, I guess. I´ve made a lot of friends at that time however because of studies and work I had to stay away for a while. I love sharing news (that´s my job actually) specially U2 news but I´m a volunteer. Just to let you know the record company in Brazil (Universal) doesn´t support UV. I don´t know why but they support other artists fan clubs. And UV is on since 1998 and we do social campaings every year and now we´re doing a constest giving as a prize an U22 album, which we won from U2.com, to someone who can´t pay for the subscription.

So it´s a lot of work and it´s all volunteer. And I´m doing this because I love U2 first of all and because I would like to keep people´s interest in the band and in the website. I know there are many complaints here, I agree U2 deserves a better website so I´ve been doing what I can as just a simply fan. If I could do more to help, I would do for sure. But now the only thing I can do is to share news on the board.

• Subscriber

Ahhhhh how interesting, great job you lucky ducky:)I'm grateful to you for posting these snippets of news, for reasons i won't bore anyone with (other than to say it's not lazyness!) i can't easily spend time online going to other sites so it's great that someone is kind enough to post it here even it is on other sites beforehand, that doesn't bother me at all.So thank you Febs for your efforts :)