THE FESTIVAL 2013 rumour mill

utwothefly

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Is it okay if we talk about other festivals on here as well? wink.gif 

If we're only talking about Glastonbury, then I'm thinking Radiohead for definite, and Arctic Monkeys (will have new album out and have said they want to have another go at Glastonbury because they didn't feel they were too good last time). I don't really have any idea who the third headliner might be. But if there's only one headliner I really like, and no good acts on the other stages, I won't bother with the April resale (I break up for summer the week before Glasto, so my family did talk about getting tickets).

• Subscriber

Is it okay if we talk about other festivals on here as well? wink.gif..how rude! definately not!wink.gif

If we're only talking about Glastonbury, then I'm thinking Radiohead for definite, and Arctic Monkeys (will have new album out and have said they want to have another go at Glastonbury because they didn't feel they were too good last time). I don't really have any idea who the third headliner might be. But if there's only one headliner I really like, and no good acts on the other stages, I won't bother with the April resale (I break up for summer the week before Glasto, so my family did talk about getting tickets).

I heard Fleetwood Mac might do it and the stones and the roses! any one of those would do me nicely!. Artics are ok but their no Rolling stones!. Used to love Radiohead back in the day but i'm pretty lost with them these days, probably right that they'll play although they were there 2011 just not headlining. 

• Subscriber

Glastonbury was sold out in 100 minutes, but there 'll be a resale in april or something like that?

Rock Werchter is Belgiums biggest and best festival, already 2 headliners announced and I'm not pleased with them. Ramnstein and Blur. Compared to the 2012 edition, we had: The Cure, Pearl Jam, Editors and Red Hot Chili Peppers, we won the best festival line up award, bet they won't do it again this year.

Well if they'd announce U2 for 2013 it would probs be the best edition EVER. For Glasto, U2 will be in studios then I think. Coldplay maybe? Again..

• Subscriber

[quote name='utwothefly wrote:

peterferris8']Is it okay if we talk about other festivals on here as well? 
wink.gif
how rude! definately not
!
wink.gif

I heard Fleetwood Mac might do it and the stones and the roses! any one of those would do me nicely!. Artics are ok but their no Rolling stones!. Used to love Radiohead back in the day but i'm pretty lost with them these days, probably right that they'll play although they were there 2011 just not headlining. 

I dunno, I've seen the Arctics and they are smashing live. Stones would really get me excited, because they'd be the oldest band I've yet seen.

• Subscriber

Glastonbury was sold out in 100 minutes, but there 'll be a resale in april or something like that?

Rock Werchter is Belgiums biggest and best festival, already 2 headliners announced and I'm not pleased with them. Ramnstein and Blur. Compared to the 2012 edition, we had: The Cure, Pearl Jam, Editors and Red Hot Chili Peppers, we won the best festival line up award, bet they won't do it again this year.

Well if they'd announce U2 for 2013 it would probs be the best edition EVER. For Glasto, U2 will be in studios then I think. Coldplay maybe? Again..

Yep, Glasto resale in April. 

With regards to Werchter - the headliners in 2012 were quality. I love Editors and like Pearl Jam, and have seen RHCP (at Knebworth) and The Cure (at Reading) and was really impressed with both. 

But Rammstein and Blur are really not that bad. Blur are a really good band and I've heard them rumoured for this year's Reading Festival here in the UK. Rammstein aren't bad but not a band I'd want to see.

• Subscriber

I really want a day ticket for Download Festival in Donington because Slipknot are headlining and they're one of my favourite metal bands. Unfortunately Isle of Wight is the same weekend and I'm hearing Arctics and Muse rumours, which I would hate to miss.

Then there's Sonisphere, which is another major metal festival based closer to home at Knebworth. I'm hearing rumours of Muse, Soundgarden (reunited, new album) and Tool. Although with Tool it's hard to predict what they'll be up to at that point.

I'd be intrigued to see what Latitude has. It's in Suffolk, and I went on Saturday last year to see Elbow and Richard Hawley, both of whom were astonishing.

And, last but not least, my second home, Reading. I went for the weekend this year and saw The Cure (as mentioned above), At The Drive-In, and Foo Fighters (best performance I've seen all year). I've already heard a rumour of Blur (as mentioned above) which has become stronger as of the Werchter announcement. Other rumoured headliners are the Arctics (if Reading get them they won't play any other UK festivals except in Scotland, because that's how Reading works with its headliners), Biffy Clyro (new album in January, if it gets the same reception as the last album they will definitely be given a shot at headlining), Bloc Party (seeing them in February, they have really good songs, I don't think they're big enough to headline but if they don't they'll definitely turn up lower on the bill), and, less interestingly, Mumford & Sons (worryingly they've managed to sell out the O2 in London) and The Killers. Pearl Jam, more interestingly, have recently become a rumour - people thought they'd be announced for Download, but then Slipknot were announced.

Maarten - if U2 are announced for Werchter the I'd really like to see them do a full Euro festival tour. I'd previously have said U2 would never, ever play Reading, but the booking of The Cure (an older band with a big legacy) has made me think again. 

P.S. - apologies for the triple post!

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

maarten']Glastonbury was sold out in 100 minutes, but there 'll be a resale in april or something like that?

Yep, Glasto resale in April. 

With regards to Werchter - the headliners in 2012 were quality. I love Editors and like Pearl Jam, and have seen RHCP (at Knebworth) and The Cure (at Reading) and was really impressed with both. 

But Rammstein and Blur are really not that bad. Blur are a really good band and I've heard them rumoured for this year's Reading Festival here in the UK. Rammstein aren't bad but not a band I'd want to see.
If Blur and Rammstein got headline spots at Glastonbury i'd be pretty disappointed, i've never seen Blur live but they sound shit live on tv! ...i'm sure they done a festival after their reunion and Damon sounded pretty crap... As for Rammstein i'm not into them at all!. At Glastonbury 2011 i missed Coldplay to see Deacon Blue, best move i made all weekend! so im not to bothered if the headliners are poor. Ill be to pissed to care anyway happy.gif