Robbie Robertson and U2

zoocat

I loved the whole album. First time I heard 'Somewhere Down the Crazy River' I wasn't too keen on it. It was playing on the radio. But when I bought the vinyl and heard all the nice little instrumental layers I was sold.

He or Steve Lillywhite would be most welcome producing U2. Steve's early engineering with U2, priceless.

• Subscriber

Don't Miss the other track 'Testimony'. Heck just get Robbie's album. The whole thing is GREAT, with and without the U2 collaboarations.

Actually having Robbie Robertson produce a U2 album would be very welcomed. Forget Dangermouse.

I agree, it is a top album, I have had it in my arsenal for many years now. I particularly enjoy the ambient mystery of it. It works well when I am sitting outside in the courtyard enjoying a couple of beers and appreciating a moonlit starry sky in the summertime.

I don,t know enough about danger mouse to comment, but I think they might have maybe too many options and are not 100 percent sure at this time what to release next.

At the risk of being labelled Green Day copy cats, I still think they could look at releasing a trilogy of things too and get away with it, especially if some or all of it is groundbreaking stuff.

Can you recommend another Robbie album to me. I used to have Storyville but it vanished and I haven,t replaced it. I have heard some good things said about his redboy album.