NEW PACKAGE SUBSCRIPTION OFFER (Official Discussion Thread)

manu51

• Subscriber

yes you are right even tho' it didn't work for all the dates (pretty sure at least for downunder - and if i'm not wrong also for other locations - the groups were divided simply in 2 or even all together)

what I'm saying is that THIS TIME they do not mention the fact so if they won't do it we can't complain

and above all LN lately makes pre-presale for American express card holders so maybe we should consider to get a AE card more than a subscription to u2.com :P

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Well guys, I just got as far as punch in your CC details, but seeing as that I have a few months left on this year sub and won't be re-subbing yet...I got that far...

Has anyone reached that far yet?!?

Nope, I only checked my expiration date: March 2, 2013

• Subscriber

[quote name='monica martino wrote:

MacFoley']Well guys, I just got as far as punch in your CC details, but seeing as that I have a few months left on this year sub and won't be re-subbing yet...I got that far...

Has anyone reached that far yet?!?

Nope, I only checked my expiration date: March 2, 2013

You re-subbing in March next year? Or ASAP?

• Subscriber

I re-subbed on 2nd Nov, I had 24hrs left so I had to do it to maintain my membership status if that means anything anymore around here. All I could choose was U22 again! I immediately sent a message to the Help. Do they EVER reply? I have not had a reply ever. I rang the US and was told they could not stop the U22 being sent as" it's all automatic now". Strange they did this for me 2 years ago. Last year I had the option of last years gift or this years gift. This year they have stuffed it royally. This mob obviously do not learn.... pathetic. Now they rub it in by offering both U22 and the new gift. I have asked if I pay the extra $35 can I have From The Ground Up Package . Probably won't hear a thing back.

My U2.com email is not working either, again contacted Help and nothing......

• Subscriber

I just renewed now that the packages have been announced (only had 6 days left on my membership).  I went for the bonus package.  Don't need another U22 but had to have the live in Sydney CD (I was at that show).

I just downloaded the 2 new live tracks and was wondering if anyone knows where they were recorded and on what date?  I can't seem to find that info on U2.com.

Thanks.

So the live video of Electrical Storm, is the Underworld. The 2 sound consoles you see are DigiCo SD7's. These 2 consoles are for Bono & The Edge's monitor consoles (1 each!). The mix you're hearing, on that video, is coming from Joe O'Herlihy, at front-of-house. Bono & The Edge's monitor mixes are nowhere near like the mix of Joe's (what the crowd hears). Also, you'll see another console (in the distance), which has the monitor mixes for Adam, Larry and Terry Lawless....looks like an Avid Profile D console. Typically, bands will only have 1 monitor console & 1 monitor engineer. Certain singers, like Robert Plant and Steven Tyler, prefer to have a monitor console & their own monitor engineer, while having another monitor engineer to mix the rest of the band. Metallica has 2 monitor engineers sharing one console. The mixes in their monitors changes, depending on who's at that location, at the time...in the round.

• Subscriber

Pretty excited about this offer, as the Zoo TV CD is the only club exclusive I don't have because I did not renew my membership that year. I check the prices on it on eBay from time to time and it consistently sells for $100+. Hope they go ahead and ship that out now, but I doubt it.