Even Better Used for Prez's Pre-Entrance Song

alexisaurus

• Subscriber

I loved hearing Even Better used as the song to get the crowd pumped right before President Obama's entrance for his acceptance speech. Great nightcap for a great, happy, hopeful evening. Also, liked hearing the usually knowledgeable Gwen Ifill of PBS insist it was Bruce Springsteen they were playing. So, she's no U2 fan. Still dig her as a news anchor. :-)

I loved hearing Even Better used as the song to get the crowd pumped right before President Obama's entrance for his acceptance speech. Great nightcap for a great, happy, hopeful evening. Also, liked hearing the usually knowledgeable Gwen Ifill of PBS insist it was Bruce Springsteen they were playing. So, she's no U2 fan. Still dig her as a news anchor. :-)

Obama just made U2's "Achtung Baby" relevant

because the last song on PA before he came on to give his acceptance speech was

"Even Better than the Real Thing".

Does anyone think Bono will calm down now about being relevant?

• Subscriber

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

alexisaurus']I loved hearing Even Better used as the song to get the crowd pumped right before President Obama's entrance for his acceptance speech. Great nightcap for a great, happy, hopeful evening. Also, liked hearing the usually knowledgeable Gwen Ifill of PBS insist it was Bruce Springsteen they were playing. So, she's no U2 fan. Still dig her as a news anchor. :-)

LOL, one would hope so, Spice.

• Subscriber

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

alexisaurus']I loved hearing Even Better used as the song to get the crowd pumped right before President Obama's entrance for his acceptance speech. Great nightcap for a great, happy, hopeful evening. Also, liked hearing the usually knowledgeable Gwen Ifill of PBS insist it was Bruce Springsteen they were playing. So, she's no U2 fan. Still dig her as a news anchor. :-)

I couldn't believe it either! I was so happy and singing along. Well as the song says:

"Gimme one more chance and you'll be satisfied" happy.gif

• Subscriber

This was my first year voting. I never paid much attention (sadly to admit). Now that I have spent the last three months debating with my white brother and sisters, there is much work ahead.. I had no idea they were still so primitive. I am working on my strategy for future discussions.

I left my first political conversation yesterday, typing to grown women that I was telling Mit Romney on them. I told them he was still their leader because they are in divided parties. I stopped traffic but I sounded like an idiot.laugh.gif