Bono And Authour Of Elvis And Ireland

febottini

• Subscriber

It looks like summer. Is that summer in Ireland? Forget Bono, it looks like summer. I froze my ass off again today here. 

All Apologies in advance, Scout, for saying this:

I live in the northeast of the U.S. where it can get quite cold & wintery in the winter (unlike some places in the U.S. in winter). When I want to make others here (& myself) feel better about it during winter, I tell them "just remember that to the entire nation of Canada, we ARE the south!" Maybe there are places even further north in Canada that u can remind yourself you're further south than! :)

Edited by Alma1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Reminds me - I'm still laughing that Charlie Rose asked about "Ten reasons to exist," which I've always taken as a bit of an Elvis movie homage. Typical Elvis movie plot summary - Elvis goes to a dude ranch and finds ten reasons to sing, race car driver Elvis speeds through Joshua Tree National Park and finds ten reasons to sing (that one's called Viva Las Vegas), fifty beautiful women do jumping jacks while Elvis watches and finds ten reasons to sing, etc. Other thing I like about that title is it suggests the next album won't be rushed or compromised by a deadline, though Eno is probably right - they can fiddle about forever too. Only a few of their albums seem to fit that completed project category: Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, and maybe No Line on the Horizon (which seemed to have more of a designated ending than a sense that they'd reached it, I guess appropriate given the title) or Boy.