Bono's Meaning Of Life

mylifeline

• Subscriber

I am so thrilled to have been able to watch the RTE Meaning of Life hosted by Guy Byrne w/Bono tonight.

I do hope that it stays up but be forwarned there is a button that says "21 days left" and I don't know if that's to view it or what...

Anyway Bono was very comfortable and his references to Ali and the Band are ones we already know but how he speaks of God v religion and how he 'confesses his sins via his songs' is rather interesting...

Did you see it?

What did you think?

Havent heard it yet...have my own "meaning of life" going on right now..I will have to go look it up and Lord willing it will be a good distraction from my own troubles...

u2 is ALWAYS a great distraction for me and also a good swift kick to my arse when I need it.

hence my user name.

I wish you the best.

• Subscriber

I am so thrilled to have been able to watch the RTE Meaning of Life hosted by Guy Byrne w/Bono tonight.

I do hope that it stays up but be forwarned there is a button that says "21 days left" and I don't know if that's to view it or what...

Anyway Bono was very comfortable and his references to Ali and the Band are ones we already know but how he speaks of God v religion and how he 'confesses his sins via his songs' is rather interesting...

Did you see it?

What did you think?

Havent heard it yet...have my own "meaning of life" going on right now..I will have to go look it up and Lord willing it will be a good distraction from my own troubles...

Hi Wahine! Watch it, you will like it! How is Eddie? I hope all goes well 

• 4 weeks later...

Did you see it?

What did you think?

Hi Wahine! Watch it, you will like it! How is Eddie? I hope all goes well 

Hi everyone! Eddie is in the thick of it now...He starts his third round of chemo on Monday. He has been staying at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida for a full week at a time chemo runs 24 hours a day for 6 days straight. I thought he would at least get an hour off every twelve hours but that's not the case. It's rough on him since he has a rods and pins all in his back, yes the cancer shot straight for the Spine, the doctors here all missed it and blew it, just like they blew everything from day one. I was so stoked to get Eddie into Moffitt, ITS THE ONE TIME IN MY LIFE I WAS SO THANKFUL FOR THE LOBBYISTS. One of my father (who passed away ten years ago in office) one of the lobbyists that worked closely with him on issues, got ahold of us and said uhhh your father and Lee Moffitt were close friends, Lee Moffitt was Speaker of the House of Representatives here in Florida when my father was in the House. At which point they contacted us and it was a freaking BATTLE to get my son out of Melbourne Florida. I have never seen anything like it and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. THEY BASICALLY BROKE MY SONS BACK AND OF COURSE HE STILL CANT WALK. Freaking idiots here. The only blessing I found was the neurosurgeon that saved his life for real within minutes of being dead, all organs had failed, no movement from the chest down. I freaking lost it. Had to go through all of that alone, my husband wasnt here, my daughter was at her home in Chicago, my brother watching my mother for me. I literally lost my mind they put me into a private waiting area (which probably was not the best thing-I remember being in there with my father when my mother was having major surgery) they sent staff to be with me, and I just came unglued. The only time I broke, and when I broke IT WAS SPECTACULAR, haven't been that angry in my life. My best friend was in California and he had heard from a bunch of drunk people that had someone at the hospital that my son was dying, he made the mistake of calling me in the middle of surgery and saying IS HE DEAD? Yeah, I thought the phone was going to break the glass in the waiting room, the staff picked it up and of course he got into a fight with them cuz they wouldnt let him speak with me. It was the most dramatic, mayhem crap I have ever been through. Instead of getting angry at God, I got closer. I just cannot believe everything that has happened. There have been a ton of fundraiser and the ENTIRE SURFING INDUSTRY AS WELL AS OUR COMMUNITY AND STATE HAVE COME OUT TO SUPPORT HIM...The outpouring of love has been amazing. In all honesty I dont think he will surf again, he is just trying to beat this monster...He has 2 more full rounds to go so by the first week in September we should know where we are at...I cant believe how many companies and people donated and put on events. Total blessing since he has no insurance...Here is a copy of some of the events There are some heavy surfing names in the videos.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgRlmPc5v6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Subscriber

Hi everyone! Eddie is in the thick of it now...He starts his third round of chemo on Monday. He has been staying at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida for a full week at a time chemo runs 24 hours a day for 6 days straight. I thought he would at least get an hour off every twelve hours but that's not the case. It's rough on him since he has a rods and pins all in his back, yes the cancer shot straight for the Spine, the doctors here all missed it and blew it, just like they blew everything from day one. I was so stoked to get Eddie into Moffitt, ITS THE ONE TIME IN MY LIFE I WAS SO THANKFUL FOR THE LOBBYISTS. One of my father (who passed away ten years ago in office) one of the lobbyists that worked closely with him on issues, got ahold of us and said uhhh your father and Lee Moffitt were close friends, Lee Moffitt was Speaker of the House of Representatives here in Florida when my father was in the House. At which point they contacted us and it was a freaking BATTLE to get my son out of Melbourne Florida. I have never seen anything like it and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. THEY BASICALLY BROKE MY SONS BACK AND OF COURSE HE STILL CANT WALK. Freaking idiots here. The only blessing I found was the neurosurgeon that saved his life for real within minutes of being dead, all organs had failed, no movement from the chest down. I freaking lost it. Had to go through all of that alone, my husband wasnt here, my daughter was at her home in Chicago, my brother watching my mother for me. I literally lost my mind they put me into a private waiting area (which probably was not the best thing-I remember being in there with my father when my mother was having major surgery) they sent staff to be with me, and I just came unglued. The only time I broke, and when I broke IT WAS SPECTACULAR, haven't been that angry in my life. My best friend was in California and he had heard from a bunch of drunk people that had someone at the hospital that my son was dying, he made the mistake of calling me in the middle of surgery and saying IS HE DEAD? Yeah, I thought the phone was going to break the glass in the waiting room, the staff picked it up and of course he got into a fight with them cuz they wouldnt let him speak with me. It was the most dramatic, mayhem crap I have ever been through. Instead of getting angry at God, I got closer. I just cannot believe everything that has happened. There have been a ton of fundraiser and the ENTIRE SURFING INDUSTRY AS WELL AS OUR COMMUNITY AND STATE HAVE COME OUT TO SUPPORT HIM...The outpouring of love has been amazing. In all honesty I dont think he will surf again, he is just trying to beat this monster...He has 2 more full rounds to go so by the first week in September we should know where we are at...I cant believe how many companies and people donated and put on events. Total blessing since he has no insurance...Here is a copy of some of the events There are some heavy surfing names in the videos.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgRlmPc5v6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'm so sorry that you had to suffer all that nightmare. If I understood correctly your message, it seems like the doctors made a lot of mistakes and eventually a neurosurgeon saved his life by the skin of his teeth. That's so hard... I understand perfectly your exasperation... I send you lots of strenght to pass the treatment and I wish he has a fast recovery, I think he will do it, as I have understood from what you said in other post that he has managed to stand up and walk a few steps (correct me if I'm mistaken) and that would be certainly amazing...

I understand perfectly your frustration but he doesn't have to worry about being an elite surfer. He just has to recover! The life of the elite athletes is short, anyway. As you know, lots of them have to stop because of much less serious things: injuries, jobs, etc... It's a little stage in the life of a person, and then life goes on. Although it is true that this has been really traumatic... I just wish he is able to recover fast and start a good rehabilitation... It's incredible what people can get with a good therapy + sport (specially if they are stubborn jocks.) (Or singers too!)  ;)

Best wishes and hugs to you and Eddie x

• Subscriber

I remembered one person: he's an spanish swimmer. He touched a high tension electric cable when he was a child and all his body was burned except his head. The doctors had to cut him the 2 arms and one leg. He was a paralimpic champion in Pekin 2008, with world record. Some people are an example for all the rest of us... Watch the video: Now THAT'S swimming!! Would YOU catch him??  :lol:

http://youtu.be/aGpuRAlK5QQ

Edited by tan_lejos_tan_cerca

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry that you had to suffer all that nightmare. If I understood correctly your message, it seems like the doctors made a lot of mistakes and eventually a neurosurgeon saved his life by the skin of his teeth. That's so hard... I understand perfectly your exasperation... I send you lots of strenght to pass the treatment and I wish he has a fast recovery, I think he will do it, as I have understood from what you said in other post that he has managed to stand up and walk a few steps (correct me if I'm mistaken) and that would be certainly amazing...

I understand perfectly your frustration but he doesn't have to worry about being an elite surfer. He just has to recover! The life of the elite athletes is short, anyway. As you know, lots of them have to stop because of much less serious things: injuries, jobs, etc... It's a little stage in the life of a person, and then life goes on. Although it is true that this has been really traumatic... I just wish he is able to recover fast and start a good rehabilitation... It's incredible what people can get with a good therapy + sport (specially if they are stubborn jocks.) (Or singers too!)  ;)

Best wishes and hugs to you and Eddie x

Yes, it was one misdiagnosis after another until finally his back shattered. Moffitt is amazing, just amazing. I could care less if he surfs again, nor him, the goal is to survive. JUST LIVE. There were so many times I had to go ahead and begin final arrangements, my faith has NEVER WAVERED its grown stronger. As I have told him the Lord has a new path for you TAKE IT...and he is. Bless that kid. The Lord will show him the way, that is the one thing I am sre of. Overall, it was a NIGHTMARE here. I feEl so blessed if the lord takes him i only borrowed him for s short time from the Lord. Your prayers mean EVERYTHING.