What 'cha Doing This Summer?

xtraspicy62

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Summer has been fun this year for me too! Having summer parties and bbq's at my house for now and movies on the projector. Popcorn and all that. No pool, but if we wanna go swimming we can go to my brothers and swim there or go to the beach. Going to Dodger games, drive in movies and concerts planned. Can't beat that. :)

• Subscriber

I went to see Pacific Rim at the London BFI Imax a few weeks ago! Celebrated my grandmother's 70th birthday with family this weekend, going to see The World's End with mates later today. Going to Stockholm next weekend - well, I say I'm going to Stockholm, I'm actually getting on a plane to Stockholm then going to the harbour, getting on a boat and sailing out around the nearby islands for a fortnight. Then the weekend after I come back I'm off to Reading Festival for a second time to see Green Day, Biffy Clyro, System of a Down, Chase & Status, Nine Inch Nails, Deftones, Foals, Editors and so many other awesome bands! My schedule is jam-packed!

My summer is filled with fundraisers and lots of prayers. Hoping my son beats this monster Cancer, I hate that it got into his back and broke his back, not sure he will ever surf again, just learning to walk after complete paralysis has been a miracle. Good thing I use to be a PE coach and a gymnast as well as a surfer. I am blessed to be able to get folks back into shape, although I swear all of this is in Gods hands. Its a certified MIRACLE he can stand up. They said the paralysis would be permanent from the chest down and once again, I called upon the Lord and all his organs began working and movement is back. So, that is what my summer is about. I found a super cool video they did of him at one of the fundraisers, a bunch of world champion surfers and pros were there, that is what he use to do. He was one of the top aerial surfers in the world and a big wave surfer, surfed all the contests at Pipe, Sunset, for the USA etc. now, its baby steps. Here is a clip of the video, its just bands, and industry folks and pros talking with lots of Eddie surfing footage in it. He has been SO BLESSED THAT THE COMMUNITY IS BEHIND HIM IN THIS. I opened his bill and one was for $57,000 and the other for $228,000.00 and it hasnt even begun the chemo parts. Moffitt has been wonderful, thank god we got him there, the Foundation itself is helping us. If it wasnt for them I am not sure what would have happened. So here is my summer and here is the video. Great folks. Most of the surfing is old footage from the past year of Eddie. Lots of bands came together along with media, etc. .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgRlmPc5v6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player. This is the kid I miss: 14771_693567890670349_1966504172_n.jpg

My summer is filled with fundraisers and lots of prayers. Hoping my son beats this monster Cancer, I hate that it got into his back and broke his back, not sure he will ever surf again, just learning to walk after complete paralysis has been a miracle. Good thing I use to be a PE coach and a gymnast as well as a surfer. I am blessed to be able to get folks back into shape, although I swear all of this is in Gods hands. Its a certified MIRACLE he can stand up. They said the paralysis would be permanent from the chest down and once again, I called upon the Lord and all his organs began working and movement is back. So, that is what my summer is about. I found a super cool video they did of him at one of the fundraisers, a bunch of world champion surfers and pros were there, that is what he use to do. He was one of the top aerial surfers in the world and a big wave surfer, surfed all the contests at Pipe, Sunset, for the USA etc. now, its baby steps. Here is a clip of the video, its just bands, and industry folks and pros talking with lots of Eddie surfing footage in it. He has been SO BLESSED THAT THE COMMUNITY IS BEHIND HIM IN THIS. I opened his bill and one was for $57,000 and the other for $228,000.00 and it hasnt even begun the chemo parts. Moffitt has been wonderful, thank god we got him there, the Foundation itself is helping us. If it wasnt for them I am not sure what would have happened. So here is my summer and here is the video. Great folks. Most of the surfing is old footage from the past year of Eddie. Lots of bands came together along with media, etc. .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgRlmPc5v6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player. This is the kid I miss: 14771_693567890670349_1966504172_n.jpg

You have to click on the video to bring the show up. IT WAS RADICAL CAPT HIRAMS DID THE MOST MONEY THEY HAVE EVER DONE, THE MEDIA CAME, AND THE STAFF MADE LOTS OF MONEY, NOW THE JAZZ GUYS FROM NEW ORLEANS AND THE BEST CLASSICAL GUITAR PLAYER IS COMING FOR ANOTHER ONE ALONE WITH CRAZY WILD BANDS LIKE POISON AND LOTS OF BIGGER NAMES, THE KID HAS TOUCHED SO MANY LIVES AND DOESNT HAVE A MEAN BONE IN HIS BODY, HE IS THE ONE THAT IS ALWAYS HELPING OTHERS SO THIS IS ALL BRAND NEW TO HIM AND HE IS TRYING TO LEARN TO ACCEPT HELP, WHICH HE HS NEVER DONE...CANCER KNOWS NO DISCRIMINATION...LORD WILLING THIS SUMMER I WILL GET HIM ON A SURF BOARD GAIN...SO THAT IS MY SUMMER. PLUS I GOT TO MEET ALL MY NEW GRANDCHILDREN, BEEN WAITING FOR THAT. sO, SO SAR THE Lord has made rue to never give up and keep the faith...If he is willing ot save this moster striaght in the face then I have his back. Hope everyone has a  wonderful summer!!! Keep the U2 music going and looking forward to some music in the fall. Love to all you!!! And peace as well.

• Subscriber

I spent a few days at the start of June in Edinburgh to celebrate my friends 40th. Then I had a weekend in Greece to drop my daughter with my parents - she returns in just over a week. And Sunday Dublin for a few nights. Am very lucky to get three weekends away

The rest spent cleaning and laundry! 

Besides working and volunteering, I'm focusing on hobbies (travel is too expensive).  The hobbies include, working out at the YMCA (stationary bicycles & swimming) and I'm looking into attending some dance classes.  I've also attended some concerts such as Ratt and Poison!!

Edited by illumination70

• Subscriber

I wish I could travel this summer but like Illumination said, it's so expensive.  Took an overnight trip to the Hudson Valley area in NY state last month though and I'm seeing a concert next month (tickets were a birthday gift).  Pretty quiet summer, really. 

Hey illumin, what kind of dance classes?