Nearly 30 Years Of U2......

grzybow

• Subscriber

Today,  as I sit here at work,  listening to U2,  I realized its been nearly 30 years since attending my first U2 concert.

It was April 8,  1985.  I was 14 years old.  My mother dropped friends and I off at the Capital Center.  In the top 3 all time for U2 concerts I have seen.  Extra special to have my friends brother pulled to the stage to play "Knockin on Heavens Door"!

I see pictures of the band spanning from the early 80's until now.......and I think,  geez, they have gotten old........then I look in the mirror and realize,  damn, so have I?

In the last 30 years,  I have seen more live U2 shows than I can count, and if I knew the number I'd likely be embarrassed to admit it.

As yet another new album is near,  and yet another Tour is around the corner,  I always start getting a little excited for what is ahead......

I will again, forget about real life responsibility,  buy tickets to multiple shows,  try to get my children to join my wife and I to at least one,  attend at least one by myself..........and act 14 again.

Very few things truely can give you the fountain of youth......but for me,  U2 seems to be just that!

• Subscriber

Nice post, such fond memories, great you saw them at such a youthful age and they're still about (well kind of..soon, hopefully!!)..and I know what you mean by the mirror, i have a few years on you there!! ^_^

• Subscriber

Nice post, such fond memories, great you saw them at such a youthful age and they're still about (well kind of..soon, hopefully!!)..and I know what you mean by the mirror, i have a few years on you there!! ^_^

So you are one of the few U2 fans I see at shows that are actually older than me!........

• Subscriber

I've been a fan since about '83/'84, but due to various things beyond my control never saw them in concert until Pop Mart.

I too, am trying to save up the $ to possibly see multiple shows other than what they will play in Chicago, we'll see how that pans out. I'd love to drag my husband along, but hell would freeze over, so.

I've already warned my friends and people I only know online and in my blog that once the tour is announced,I will be stupid silly giddy fan girly and to just deal. I'm a 12 year old teeny bopper trapped in an almost 47 (2 more weeks, gah!) year old body.

• Subscriber

I've been a fan since about '83/'84, but due to various things beyond my control never saw them in concert until Pop Mart.

I too, am trying to save up the $ to possibly see multiple shows other than what they will play in Chicago, we'll see how that pans out. I'd love to drag my husband along, but hell would freeze over, so.

I've already warned my friends and people I only know online and in my blog that once the tour is announced,I will be stupid silly giddy fan girly and to just deal. I'm a 12 year old teeny bopper trapped in an almost 47 (2 more weeks, gah!) year old body.

Was in Chicago for opening night on the last tour, front row, with lots of U2 friends! One of my favorite cities!

• Subscriber

So you are one of the few U2 fans I see at shows that are actually older than me!........

Yes that aung san suu kyi mask came in handy last time to hide the wrinkles!! :lol:

• Subscriber

U2girl, I feel the same way!  When it comes to my favorite music, I'm 16 year old trapped in a 36 year old's body.  LOL.  (It's so much more fun though that way, don't you think?) :D

Great post, Grzybow!

Edited by Sunflower1mdp

• 2 weeks later...