'ordinary Love' Discussion Thread

• Subscriber

Also, if the goal is to reduce complaints, then I'd also say to describe it in a matter-of-fact way rather than "Subscribers Special - Not to be missed." Just make it a matter-of-fact delivery (call it something like that if calling it anything).

Reminding u that there are members & subscribers who Did think that what we saw Was special & Did like the build-up & did Not have unrealistic expectations etc, but since we didn't see anything to complain about we weren't so vocal afterwards.

Fe, you said "Have you seen how many people were online on the last Thursday? I guess almost 2000." Someone was saying they saw the number get up to 8,000 - 8,500. Not sure if they meant that, but they said it like they meant it.

Edited by Alma1
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think people will either not like this, or will think it's okay, or will Love this. I appreciate those who were hoping for something else, but mark me down in the LOVE column.   Got to hear it FIR

I really love U2, i know you wont do anything, i know the person who will read this ovbiously will not be Bono, Edge, Adam or Larry, i know that, and is ok, but I have to say something!!... please for

Interesting. Now I Really want to hear the whole song. Of course, U2 was an influence on Coldplay - & they've said so - so it's pretty much Coldplay who sounds a little like U2. But now when I hea

• Subscriber

I.M.H.O.: Just looked again at something febottini said: "..it would be very nice to feel excited again waiting for a new song... to be thrilled by the countdown. So it would have to be announced earlier to attract people´s attention"

And I actually agree.

MEET IN THE MIDDLE:

1) Give all of us who had no problem w/the movie-trailer thing what we enjoy by sending everyone (subs or subs-&-members) a day-ahead heads-up so those of us that want to can join our friends at countdown,

2) Give those who were disappointed this: nothing to get so disappointed about. How? By just NOT calling it something like 'Subscribers Special - Not to be missed.' In fact, why not just let people KNOW Ahead Of Time Exactly WHAT it is that is going to be posted? (Or at least a Much better idea of what it will be.) Then those interested can join the countdown to seeing it all together for the 1st time - & those uninterested don't get tantalized by what will surely be a let-down to them? I Do feel for them & care about how they feel.

Edited by Alma1
  • Subscriber

:lol: I was just thinking: there will be people who come here & say: No! Just give us The Album or Nothing at all!

Those who are my friends who will say that, I Do feel for what you're saying but I can't help laughing at that expectation. But hey, yeah - when the time comes that the album is ready, do show us love by giving us a song off the album B4 the album is released.

• Subscriber

just to note that yes, the trailer is available now on youtube / yahoo movies, but that we got it first, nowhere else had it for at least an hour after it was first shown on U2.com. 

Its also true that as soon as anything is released someone whacks it on youtube, not a lot can be done about that, and in this case it was Yahoo movies who had it up officially, about an hour or so after we got it.

At some point, if we do get the full version of the song here, how do you think it should be done? Big announcement, or just release it to members only, no fuss? Email? Twitter? Soundcloud? Would be interesting to know how you all would prefer get the info, if, as and when it drops....

It was released on Facebook on the U2 page there at the same time... I'm personally not particularly fussed about who "got it first" but I'd suggest not sending a big email out to subs saying "exclusive: here it here first" unless it is big and in fact an actual exclusive release to the subs (at least until it gets ripped and posted en mass). We're talking super duper spring it on us getting to hear the new U2 album kind of surprise, and/or hear from the members of U2 directed at us specifically, or something along that lines. 

When you do get the full version of this song, how about just posting it on this site, everyone can hear it but email the subs, and/or everyone, as a courtesy. Leave the other social media out of it. When it's been up oh say a day or so, then go to social media and say hey guess what... etc. 

Edited by Shannon387
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

:lol: I was just thinking: there will be people who come here & say: No! Just give us The Album or Nothing at all!

Those who are my friends who will say that, I Do feel for what you're saying but I can't help laughing at that expectation. But hey, yeah - when the time comes that the album is ready, do show us love by giving us a song off the album B4 the album is released.

Nah... I want it all! I'm aiming for the full album to listen to! I'm greedy like that.  :D A song would be nice too yes...  ;)

• Subscriber

Nah... I want it all! I'm aiming for the full album to listen to! I'm greedy like that.  :D A song would be nice too yes...  ;)

:D Well, sometimes if you want to reach the top of a tall tree, you have to aim for the moon, right? ;)

just to note that yes, the trailer is available now on youtube / yahoo movies, but that we got it first, nowhere else had it for at least an hour after it was first shown on U2.com. 

Its also true that as soon as anything is released someone whacks it on youtube, not a lot can be done about that, and in this case it was Yahoo movies who had it up officially, about an hour or so after we got it.

At some point, if we do get the full version of the song here, how do you think it should be done? Big announcement, or just release it to members only, no fuss? Email? Twitter? Soundcloud? Would be interesting to know how you all would prefer get the info, if, as and when it drops....

bigwave

when it drops, would be fun to get special email, tweets, Pms....some with an "extra" inside besides the song...like winning a drawing or a door prize!!

• Upvote 2
  • Subscriber

Like all U2 music, some we're gonna like, some we're not, so let's not be down on it just because we may not be so keen on the song based on 4 seconds!! We've waited so long for any new music why not make an announcement, email, twitter, soundcloud - the lot - embrace the fact that our favourite band is still here after so many years making music...and just for Bono, still relevant enough to be part of a film about a great and legendary figurehead of our time. 

People can take it or leave it, up to them.

(I'm feeling strangely positive today folks ;) if I'd seen this on grumpy Monday it may have been a whole other answer lol!!!)

Edited by Anjana
  • Upvote 1