Tour Discussion Thread

Jorstin

• Subscriber

I wouldn't expect this to really be the spot for this and I know it may be a little premature (it's definitely not premature to start planning a trip to Dublin though) but there really needs to be a spot to talk to other zootops about whether they are thinking about seeing the band in a certain area.

I've never been to Ireland for starters and a group of my friends are talking about making the trek to Dublin when they announce they'll be there.  Any others out there planning a pilgrimage?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Chicago and (crossing fingers) New Orleans. While I have a ton of vacation time, traipsing all over the country costs $ I do not have, so sadly no big travel plans for me. I could possibly do Milwaukee (they played there during Vertigo), since that's an easy Amtrak ride.  

• Subscriber

Yes , well b planning to see them in Dublin / Ireland , just hope they play bigger venues so we can all get a chance for tickets & also love just heading to Europe , sort of like a wee holiday ! U2 fans are so friendly

• Subscriber

I always like to travel abroad for concerts, if the Tour starts early this summer I'd try to combine my planned seaside vacation to Croatia with one or maybe two shows (Zagreb, Venice- did they ever play in Venice? or Milano) but I'd like to see them push more to the East too, like Budapest and Bucharest.

If the first European leg is indoors in autumn/winter then I'd prefer Vienna. If there is a second European leg next year I'd like to see them in France, maybe in Nice at the new stadium :)

• Subscriber

Just out of interest, what indoor venues are there for U2 to play in Ireland? Seeing as that there is talk about the tour kicking off indoors. But then when they get to Europe, will they transfer to outdoors?

If not, what indoor venues are there in Ireland?

Then again, Bono said he would like to play the O2 in London, which could mean they have booked the O2 and other indoor venues in the UK.

Edited by MacFoley

• Subscriber

Unfortunately my guess is that they won't be starting the tour until around September timeframe but stranger things have happened.  Hell, at this rate, we'll be lucky to see an album before September but if they hold to the current timetable, album is released in June, they have July and August to prep for the tour and start in September.  My guess is that they start in Europe and the British Isles and hit the states by the spring of next year.  Regardless... I hope to see Ireland and the banks of Dublin this year!

• Subscriber

Just out of interest, what indoor venues are there for U2 to play in Ireland? Seeing as that there is talk about the tour kicking off indoors. But then when they get to Europe, will they transfer to outdoors?

Then again, Bono said he would like to play the O2 in London, which could mean they have booked the O2 and other indoor venues in the UK.

You're right.. there aren't a lot.. There's the Odyssey in Belfast but not a lot of others that I know of.  They'll definitely play Dublin though whenever they play Europe.  If you remember back to 2001, they were playing arenas everywhere else but hit Slane Castle in Dublin.  It would be cool to see them play Slane Castle again but my guess would be Croke Park instead.  Pretty sure they'll be outside regardless in Dublin.

I wouldn't mind being able to stop over to London at the same time though if the tour gods work out just right regarding scheduling.

Edited by Jorstin

• Subscriber

You're right.. there aren't a lot.. There's the Odyssey in Belfast but not a lot of others that I know of.  They'll definitely play Dublin though whenever they play Europe.  If you remember back to 2001, they were playing arenas everywhere else but hit Slane Castle in Dublin.  It would be cool to see them play Slane Castle again but my guess would be Croke Park instead.  Pretty sure they'll be outside regardless in Dublin.

I wouldn't mind being able to stop over to London at the same time though if the tour gods work out just right regarding scheduling.

I read on the interweb that U2 have said no to Croke park on the next tour...

ROCK legends U2 have ruled out a concert in Croke Park with their new album tour and have insisted that they want to play in more intimate venues.

"We are ready to tour, but we'd like to play indoors," Bono revealed.

"Those big outdoor shows, those grand, grand operas – some of the best nights of our lives have been there playing those.

"But for these tunes, we're certainly going to start indoors. We'd like to play The O2, those kind of places.

"They're nice little clubs. Sometimes it's nice to play intimate things like that," Bono – whose real name is Paul Hewson – revealed to broadcaster Zane Lowe on BBC Radio 1 on Monday night.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/music/u2-moving-indoors-for-smaller-shows-29982837.html

------------------------------------

Although there are no quotes saying "no Croke park shows" then I do wonder what Ireland shows they will play because I wouldn't mind seeing them on hometurf on the next tour.