What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber
On 3/13/2022 at 3:10 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

I wish the British government would show as much humanity and kindness

I'm irritated mine is not doing the same.  If Poland can take in over a million people, so can we.  There's no excuse for anything less and plenty for even more.

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

I found out the Ri'ri', my Irish Terrier and Falanagan, her bud, have their pictures in the Irish Terrier Club calendar this year.  It's a big deal.  Dogs from as far away as Russia are featured.  A couple years ago, I mentioned sending in a pic.  It's been hanging on my wall since the beginning for the year. I didn't know. She's gonna be an October pin-up girl.   

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 3

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I found out the Ri'ri', my Irish Terrier and Falanagan, her bud, have their pictures in the Irish Terrier Club calendar this year.  It's a big deal.  Dogs from as far away as Russia are featured.  A couple years ago, I mentioned sending in a pic.  It's been hanging on my wall since the beginning for the year. I didn't know. She's gonna be an October pin-up girl.   

Don't read this when you're on drugs. Seriously don't.

• Haha 2

• Subscriber

Twenty-five years ago today on 16-03-1997 my lady and I officially became a couple. We had met at work and had a handful of social nights out with others before this. She was going to the parade in New York City with a friend and invited me to go. The plan was that we would all stay at her place and get up early to leave for the city. We went out for dinner and then went to an Irish bar for a drink. I can remember the moment it happened. Coming back from the toilet I sat down beside her at the bar. She had her hand resting on the counter and without thought I put mine over her's and we've been holding hands ever since. In December of 2023 we will be celebrating our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary. We have uncountable new happy memories ahead of us. It's going to be great.

• Like 4
  • Brilliant 1

• Subscriber

I've been listening to Formula 1 commentary for the first time this year :D  We've had the first and second practice sessions for the Bahrain Grand Prix.

I've missed the sound of those cars over the winter.

• Like 2

• Subscriber

Haggen Dazs was on sale.  I highly recommend half chocolate and half caramel cone.  'Tis tasty.  $117 in groceries down to $87 with sales coupons, etc.  One would think that the ability to buy so many different foods would be reason enough to want to go to the grocery store. It was like pulling my own tooth motivating today and getting it done.