What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Ducastista_992 said:

Eastern Canada species haven't fished down east yet.

Lots of class A lakes in northern Wisconsin.  I went as a kid.  They often follow the lure right up to the boat and then dart off again.  It's very exciting but immensely furstrating. I caught a good one my first time out and my poor uncle had gone two years of vacations with nothing. They are quite elusive.  The great white of the upper midwestern US of A.  The only part that sucked was no tunes because it scares them. (so I was told)

My good thing is I got another gig housesitting/watching Irish Terriers.  That's two this month now.  I can use the money and I get my dog groomed (yay) as well.  

• Like 3

• Subscriber

Interesting, largest member of the Pike family, muskies known as the fish of 10,000 casts - challenging to catch then.  https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2016/07/09/coulson-muskies-fish-ten-thousand-casts/86863074/

Northern Pike are voracious predators and around here are usually easy to catch. 

11Jf4Ia.jpg

• Like 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Demo on YouTube today just for fun.  Learning guitar self-taught since January 2022 lots of fun sure appeals to my non-engineer artsy side. :Zoo_Guitar:

Edited by Ducastista_992
  • Like 1
  • thumbs up 1

• Subscriber

My good thing for today: I got to watch live TV coverage of the British Grand Prix (as opposed to the live radio and TV highlights we get the rest of the year), and it was brilliant. 

Scary at the start, but thankfully modern F1 cars are much safer than they used to be, which meant that Zhou Guanyu was unhurt despite his car going upside down and bouncing *over* the tyre barriers and into the catch fencing :o  And the fencing was high enough that no spectators were hurt either. 

There were some great on-track battles - at one point Lewis Hamilton overtook two drivers in one move, and I love that the crowd cheer him so loudly that you could hear them over the noise of the engines! And we got a first-time winner as Carlos Sainz finally won an F1 race on his 150th start. 

(I should probably specify we're talking about Carlos Sainz Jnr, in case any world rally fans think his dad's made a dramatic late career move :lol:

Mick Schumacher also scored the first points of his F1 career, so it was a good day for drivers with famous dads. Unless you were Max Verstappen :P Although he did manage a points finish, even with a damaged car. 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

Scary at the start, but thankfully modern F1 cars are much safer than they used to be, which meant that Zhou Guanyu was unhurt despite his car going upside down and bouncing *over* the tyre barriers and into the catch fencing :o  And the fencing was high enough that no spectators were hurt either.  

Hooley Dooley, that was a nasty,nasty incident 😳

That and the other in the F2 race prove the worth of the Halo 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

From yesterday, but I got the result back from my latest Maths assignment. 83% is very good considering there was part of one question that I didn't have time to work on. 

Now making notes on the feedback and getting ready for the next assignment, which is an online quiz one due by the end of Tuesday.

The next one after that isn't until next month - just that one and the end of module assignment to go :)

• Like 1
  • thumbs up 1

• Subscriber

I went to another local library today. They had a book sale trolley - and there was a complete set of the Odd Thomas series! All in brilliant condition, collected set from the same edition. And it only cost me £4 for the lot  B)