illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

A funny thing happened to me today:

I received a birthday card.

Nothing strange about that, you might think... Except that it's over a month early. 

I can only assume that the person who sent it got confused due to me being such a big Star Wars nerd and thought my birthday is May the 4th  :lol: Not to worry. The money they sent with it will come in useful for my next couple of trips to the cinema.

A funny thing happened to me today:

I received a birthday card.

Nothing strange about that, you might think... Except that it's over a month early. 

I can only assume that the person who sent it got confused due to me being such a big Star Wars nerd and thought my birthday is May the 4th  :lol: Not to worry. The money they sent with it will come in useful for my next couple of trips to the cinema.

Wow..that's cool. I hear you on the May the 4th be with you. In my house this is a big holiday, my kids..well..the oldest and the youngest are  SWr's nerds as well. Well...happy birthday in advance, watching a movie at the cinema is well spent, can't beat that..!

Good thing that happened to me today..????? I've got 2 mammouth sunflower plants that I didn't plant growing in the garden. Maybe over 10 feet tall each and they are those multiple sunflower ones..amazing!!! Also, I heard a song on the radio today that I wanted to hear. Fantastic!!!!  :)

A date. He was ultra nice and even though I'm not interested in him in a romantic way, I certainly hope we will meet again. We had so much fun.

I reached my 30,000 words target in my Camp NaNoWriMo novel  :)

I also went along to a local community event and was brave enough to take part in dance lessons, outdoors and in front of everyone. The instructor complimented me and said I was particularly good at the Latino dance segment - which makes sense given that a good part of my music taste is Latin pop like David Bisbal, Ricky Martin etc.

Here's hoping they raised enough money that the activities and evening classes can continue.

And yes, I went along wearing a Star Wars T-shirt (my Resistance X-Wing Squadron one). I intend to wear a different SW T-shirt each day this week  B)

A job meeting. It was ultra nice and we even had fun, even though it was work.

Mine happened this Sunday, I ran a 12k race (7.45 miles) in one hour and twenty-two minutes.  I was quite pleased because I beat my score from last year(1 hour 25 minutes).

Mine happened this Sunday, I ran a 12k race (7.45 miles) in one hour and twenty-two minutes.  I was quite pleased because I beat my score from last year(1 hour 25 minutes).

Well done! Brilliant result. 

Good things seemed to come in threes today: First of all, this morning my dad won his appeal and got his job back, starting tomorrow. That's such a relief as he was worried about the idea of having to find a new one at his age.

Then at lunchtime I received my provisional driving license in the post, which means I can finally start taking lessons! I had epilepsy when I was younger so I've had to wait a long time compared to everyone else. The authorities still had to do a medical investigation, but they're happy that I've been free of seizures for long enough and it's safe for me to drive :D 

And then the third thing was that I've tried out a new evening class - and now I'm wondering why it took me so long! Had a great time at Latin dance, the music is right up my alley and the instructor is absolutely lovely, really encouraging - even when I did get in a bit of a muddle. It put me in a really good mood - I came home feeling really positive and energised.     

You're movers & shakers !! :)

I planted a terrarium

& some grass seeds in the yard.

Now it's raining. :)

It's a beautiful day, and I'm about to go for a long walk with a friend and then have a "fika".