What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber

I got to see the Rogue One trailer

Rogue One looks brilliant! 

Also in Star Wars-related things, I made progress today on my X-Wing pilot costume. My dad told me about a little fabric shop that might be able to help me out so we went there and not only did we find the material for the life-jacket part of the costume, but the lady is also ordering the dark grey straps for the belt etc. Then we went to an odds-and-ends shop a short distance away and found three more parts. 

Now I can start actually putting parts of the costume together!  :D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I got to see the Rogue One trailer

Rogue One looks brilliant!

Also in Star Wars-related things, I made progress today on my X-Wing pilot costume. My dad told me about a little fabric shop that might be able to help me out so we went there and not only did we find the material for the life-jacket part of the costume, but the lady is also ordering the dark grey straps for the belt etc. Then we went to an odds-and-ends shop a short distance away and found three more parts.

Now I can start actually putting parts of the costume together! :D

Excellent! That's gonna be a pretty cool costume.

• Subscriber

Two things really, one yesterday and one today. 

Yesterday I took a trip to Manson's guitar shop in Exeter, and got to play a Cort MBC-1 guitar, originally built for Matt Bellamy from Muse! 

13912658_1265910076777327_88636623912204

The thing that happened today was that my ticket arrived for next week's Reading Festival! Can't wait...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

After 3 orders and attempts to find precisely the right shade of orange, I finally got the overalls for my X-Wing pilot costume today! But they're currently far too clean and bright, so I need to get to work grubbing them up to make it look like I've flown lots of missions in them  :D I also found some boots for the costume and two other items. It's all coming together at long last.

• Subscriber

After 3 orders and attempts to find precisely the right shade of orange, I finally got the overalls for my X-Wing pilot costume today! But they're currently far too clean and bright, so I need to get to work grubbing them up to make it look like I've flown lots of missions in them :D I also found some boots for the costume and two other items. It's all coming together at long last.

I sense a great excitement in the force

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

My good thing happened last night.  I participated in a 5k  run to help a local teacher who was recently diagnosed with cancer.  After the run/walk, I won a t-shirt from one of the drawings I entered.

Well done! 

One of my local libraries had a book sale today. I picked up 5 books for £6 - including a 1929 book on the Rosetta Stone and the decipherment of Egyptian hieroglyphs. Then I went to the comic book store and bought issue #1 of the Star Wars: Poe Dameron comic  B)

(Yes, my taste in reading material is *very* varied)

• Community Moderator

My "good thing" happened on Friday night when I saw Duran Duran in concert.  The show was a blessing since I was really depressed over having to put our dog down (he had cancer).

So sorry about your dog. (((Hugs))) But wasn't the show good? Saw them in July and had a great time.