New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

Allegra

• Subscriber

Say what you will about where this comes from, but the idea of U2 playing iTunes Festival is very exciting! http://www.nme.com/news/u2/78703

Can you imagine trying to get tickets. Pretty impossible. Tried for Kasabian tix yesterday and not holding out for them. If u2 play which i doubt then u2.com should be giving away a shit load for us!  ;)

There's no real point in U2.com giving any away, because it's a free gig, and if U2.com were giving them away it'd be a subscriber-only thing and then we'd be paying £30+ when we could be getting them for free!

• Subscriber

Say what you will about where this comes from, but the idea of U2 playing iTunes Festival is very exciting! http://www.nme.com/news/u2/78703

Can you imagine trying to get tickets. Pretty impossible. Tried for Kasabian tix yesterday and not holding out for them. If u2 play which i doubt then u2.com should be giving away a shit load for us!  ;)

There's no real point in U2.com giving any away, because it's a free gig, and if U2.com were giving them away it'd be a subscriber-only thing and then we'd be paying £30+ when we could be getting them for free!

Yeah for subbers who pay. Be more chance on here than radio or through itunes. Kasabian done it through there website, makes sense to me to give away tickets through a fans website.

• 2 weeks later...

U2 playing a festival? They should really look at playing Glastonbury again. Maybe not on the Pyramid stage this time. And maybe, just maybe play their song "Glastonbury" created during the soundchecks in 2011. Or if they really don't want to play their song, do a decent cover of the Waterboys' "Glastonbury Song".

There is a green hill far away
I'm going back there one fine day

• Subscriber

U2 playing a festival? They should really look at playing Glastonbury again. Maybe not on the Pyramid stage this time. And maybe, just maybe play their song "Glastonbury" created during the soundchecks in 2011. Or if they really don't want to play their song, do a decent cover of the Waterboys' "Glastonbury Song".

It's too soon for them to play Glasto again. They should branch out, look at other festivals, like the aforementioned iTunes fest, but also festivals like Reading & Leeds, Isle of Wight, British Summer Time at Hyde Park, Calling Festival at Clapham Common, maybe a gig or two at Knebworth...

• Subscriber

It's not in U2's custom to play festivals but if they wanna be back they should consider it...But we need an album first....I can't see U2 touring the old songs...it's what they're fighting against...So...the new songs should be great if they want to break through !

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

Encouraging signs starting to emanate now that an album is truly due. There is more smoke with with a bit of fire under it, as opposed to loosely hanging onto to the 'no smoke without fire!' cliche.

Starting to feel a bit of a buzz now - looks like we will have an Autumn or November release based on more reliable sources - I'm not for one minute convinced by Facebook or Twitter at this stage in terms of content.

But the jungle drums are starting to beat! ;)