New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

Allegra

• Subscriber

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/u2-quash-iphone6-rumours-30561793.html

U2 has quashed rumours it has struck a deal with Apple to pre-load their new album on to the iPhone 6.

A spokeswoman for the band said Bono and co have not struck a deal with Apple to release their upcoming album on its next

"They are not releasing their album on the iPhone, and they are not performing at the IPhone launch," she said.

Unverified posts on Twitter had claimed a video shoot in Dublin in recent weeks featured U2 and an Apple product.

The Samuel Beckett bridge was closed for several hours as secret filming went ahead behind black plastic sheets.

However the spokeswoman said U2 were not in the capital at the time.

Apple are expected to launch their new smartphone, the iPhone 6, at a special event on September 9th, but the anticipated at California’s Flint Centre, aunch has been dogged with controversy following the hacking of nude celebrity photos over the past few days.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Edited by MacFoley

• Subscriber

U2 agent: "Not aware" of any plans to release new album on iPhone6

U2′s publicist has said that she is “not aware of any plans” to release the band’s new album pre-loaded on the iPhone 6.

Her comments follow widespread rumours that the band would do so, amid talk of a possible marketing tie-in ahead of the new iPhone’s launch next week.

Regine Moylett of RMP London told DailyEdge.ie: “No, I’m not aware of any plans to load the album onto a phone.”

You can read the full article in the The Daily Edge.

• Subscriber

A fan on a FB thingy page i'm on said this  -

* I wonder if this is the same spokeswoman who denied that there was a U2 project being filmed in Dublin, when she denied that by saying the filming was for an up and coming band. Shortly after that statement from that spokeswomen, Dublin City Council confirmed it WAS a U2 project, sotherefore the spokeswomen lied.

• Subscriber

So just the single then?... 

Surely their involved with Apple just not the album going on the phone. I think?!  :rolleyes:

Ive actually got no idea  :P

I don't think anyone has to be fair! :D

Haha i know mate. I don't even believe the spokeswoman! lol 

Edited by utwothefly

• Subscriber

So just the single then?... 

Surely their involved with Apple just not the album going on the phone. I think?!  :rolleyes:

Ive actually got no idea  :P

I don't think anyone has to be fair! :D

Haha i know mate. I don't even believe the spokeswoman! lol 

Guess we will find out in a few days if U2 are going to be playing this gig for Apple.