U2 Archives From The Bbc 10Pm Tonight Radio 2

Anjana

• Subscriber

I enjoyed that hour with eleven live songs and an interview with Bono from 1983.

"Setlist": An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, Stories For Boys, The Electric Co., 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, 

Boy/Girl, Scarlet, Fire, Surrender, I Will Follow and New Year's Day.

Plus studio versions of With Or Without You and Desire. :)

Edited by Malahide

• Subscriber

I've said it before and I'll say it a gain: isn't it about time we had a U2 at the BBC box set? There are plenty out there ... Banshees, Bowie, TRex, Blondie ... I imagine there are many great U2 bits locked away in the beebs vaults from th every early 80's up to the last album promo tour with U2 on the roof and aand all that carry on! Three CD's, a DVD and a booklet? It would be marvelous.

• Subscriber

BBC might not have it all in the vaults at this point. Think it was the original reels of the three December 1982 concerts the BBC recorded (Hammersmith Palais and 2 others) that were sold in N. Ireland in, if I remember right, the early nineties. Had a shot at them but was too slow. Can't confirm they were the originals, and can't remember now what the other two shows were, though I may have notes on it somewhere.

• Subscriber

As I said, it was a long time ago, and I don't remember. Checked my quick at hand resources, but no luck. Unless I have the original letter about it tucked away somewhere, I can't tell you. My impression was they weren't anything that wasn't already circulating widely in bootleg circles at the time, like the Irish shows from December 82, or I'd definitely remember it. Think at least one was in continental Europe, maybe Holland, but again, don't really remember.

Also interesting in that 83 interview that B is lining up and linking to Surrender the original ideas of the "Ronald Raygun" version of Pride that was abandoned for the MLK version.

Edited by Koke-dera