Music Discovered!

• Subscriber

Did u ever hear a song or a band that's been around awhile but YOU either haven't heard it - or u have but u didn't pay much attention to it - or u did but u didn't appreciate it until later - and then u LOVED it? (Or at least appreciated it?)

Maybe a friend got u to listen to it, or u just stumbled across it, or discovered it one day...

(I'm not sure how much of a thread this could be, I realize, because those times of discovery for most people can be rare.)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Most people here probably wouldn't get into this music - Ray Charles / 'Wheel of Fortune' - but I just had to post this.

HOW did I never hear this song b4? Probably because I only start loving it at about 1:11 into the song. I know I heard the beginning of it on the radio, didn't like it much based on music w/in the 1st minute, so I didn't give it a chance & I just turned the station. Well now I've heard it through.

Wow.

• Subscriber

Recently re-discovered the lyrics to 'Stay' (by U2) because of a conversation w/ a friend. I appreciate them anew. :)

Wow.  Wow wow wow. I really like this song! From the very beginning / the intro. And this video.

Have u ever listened to a song that u haven't listened to for such a long time that it's almost like hearing it for the 1st time? After recently re-reading the 'Stay' lyrics, I decided today to see this video again for the 1st time in ages.

There are lyrics in it that I never really noticed b4. A person can have experiences that give new personal meaning to certain lyrics when they didn't have that personal meaning b4. For me, that's even true for some of the footage in this video! In a very timely way - even synchronized to a major life-experience (of mine) on this very day. So now, it'll probably have that same meaning any time I hear this song or see this video for the rest of my life.

• Subscriber

This is how I got into Nine Inch Nails. I'd heard of them but never bothered to listen. Now I'm going to see them next week!

Enjoy. I haven't listened to their more recent albums, but from their early albums, sometimes I liked their instrumentation / their sound. And sometimes the beat - like the driving beat in 'Happiness in Slavery.' I couldn't get into most of their lyrics, though. I'd like to check out their later albums if I ever have the chance.

But there's a sound element in some of their songs that I like. It's there in 'Happiness in Slavery,' for example. Not sure I could explain it well enough that you'd hear the connection, but maybe just from listening to 1 of the kinds of song I'm referring to that I love, maybe you'd know what I mean. I'm not saying these bands are 'alike' of course, but it reminds me of something in some songs that I love by other artists, for example by No Doubt / Gwen Stefani:

I love this song & video. 'Hella Good' by No Doubt:

• Subscriber

This is how I got into Nine Inch Nails. I'd heard of them but never bothered to listen. Now I'm going to see them next week!

We're all busy in life & only have so much time to check out new things here & there, so we can miss discovering things we might love. There've been times I haven't checked out a band because of something like its name. Then 1 day I'm hearing a song that I love on the radio & I go online to find out the band name & discover I'd heard of the band already w/out knowing their music yet. One example for me was The Meat Puppets.

• Subscriber

Brilliant song by Ray Charles  !

What more can I say about Stay ?

That No Doubt song is definitely interesting...I like it..I haven't listened to it since a long time ago when I tuned in to a Music-Channel  !