Music Discovered!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Interesting. I like the concept of the video. And I think 'Magnificent' is a really pretty song. Not sure U2 would want it described as 'pretty,' but I don't mean that's all I think it is. I really like it. I think in its own way it's really unique.

• Subscriber

Love it. The song. The video. The fact they went to Fez.

Btw, it's a 'making of the video' video. (Or, if u think about it, it's kind of a video of making a video about making a video. Or something. On 2nd thought, don't think about it too much! Lol. :D )  Btw, 5:00 : Bono - so relaxed & happy. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMOgw7nSZRQ

A band called Dexters. I was lucky enough to see them in Glasgow when they supported The Enemy and have seen them twice since. They've announced a Scottish show in the UK tour in November. Check them out. Cheap tickets too.

That gets your attention from the 1st second.  I like.  Thanks Craig. :)

• Subscriber

Yes, the Fez version is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen/heard...You get it !

4:10-4:15  or  4:10-4:14!!! Hey, that's truly beautiful! Truly special! I mean the music, not the video there.

That transition or whatever u call it. Everything about that little section. In the context of the song, because it's a small part, it's subtle - but to me it's huge. It's so special, and so uncommon, and a person could miss it or not fully appreciate it if they're not really still & really just listening to the song. Also, something about it sounds like it was probably meant to have the exotic flavor of some Eastern or Middle Eastern music. (Well, if that's what they intended there, that's what they achieved.) :)

I love how a person can hear a song & listen to it a number of times & still be discovering more things to appreciate about it as time goes by!