Songs of Experience Chat (Rumours, Hopes, News) (Merged)

Edge Of The Heart

• Subscriber

Didn't know that!! Interesting. Am sure someone will know more.

Found this [extract] on Wiki:

"Bonus audio CD[edit]

The bonus audio CD features 14 additional tracks, including the B-sides "Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)", "Walk to the Water", "Spanish Eyes", "Deep in the Heart", "Silver and Gold", "Sweetest Thing", and "Race Against Time". Two versions of "Silver and Gold" are included—the B-side version, and the original recording from the Sun City album, with Keith Richards and Ron Wood. The edited single version of "Where the Streets Have No Name" appears on the bonus CD. "Beautiful Ghost/Introduction to Songs of Experience" features lyrics from the introduction of William Blake's Songs of Experience, and was previously released in The Complete U2 digital box set in 2004. "Wave of Sorrow (Birdland)", "Desert of Our Love", "Rise Up", and "Drunk Chicken/America" are all previously unreleased recordings from The Joshua Tree sessions. "Wave of Sorrow (Birdland)" is a completed version of the demo "Birdland", and "Drunk Chicken/America" features an excerpt of Allen Ginsberg's recitation of his poem, "America".

• Subscriber

So I was just reading a Rolling Stone article '15 innovative album releases that shook the music industry', (for those that are interested here is the link http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/15-innovative-album-releases-that-shook-the-music-industry-20140909/godspeed-you-black-emperor-2012-20140909 )

How do you think the Songs Of Experience will or should be released given the big splash the SOI release has made, should they have a traditional release or keep thinking outside the box?

Personally I quite liked Godspeed You! Black Emperors releasing at a gig, they sold it on the merch stand, I think U2 would go for something more interesting like maybe individualised codes on the tickets for a digital download and/or physical album order, then do a full release later. Maybe a 'pay what yoy want to pay' like Radiohead? (which was a big financial success).

Thoughts?

• Subscriber

Anyone know when and where you will be able to buy the physical music from?  I can't see any pre-order anywhere for the CD

Also the first single 'The Miracle' when is that being released?  Will it be download only or a CD too.  I see a well known auction site is selling CD-R promos of this track already for silly money.

Thanks