Two ticket limit

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I renewed my subscription for the last time. It's better to wait and buy 4 tickets or more on public onsale or I will buy from a ticket reseller like Stubhub. I have the money to do it and there obviously isn't much of an incentive to stay a paying, engaged member of the website/fan club.  Hell, I got the album for free!

• Subscriber

Shouldn't the loyal fans be the priority for tickets. It should be at least 4 tickets, as you will be able to buy 4 in the general sale.

exactly what i am saying in other threads, oscar!! and i dont think i am being selfish, cause we are the ones who were paying our subscriptions for years in a row, when no tour in sight!

anyone could have done the same, so i am not sorry for those who didnt! i think if venues are smaller and tix will be harder to get, the more reason to allow us to buy 4!

in europe we were always allowed 4 tix for ONE show, unlike americans who can use their presale code to buy 4 tix for up to 4 different shows!! i think that wasnt really fair either.

this time around we cant even buy 4!

Im pretty sure that wasnt the case. i think in NA, it was 4 tix for one show...OR one ticket to 4 shows...but im not 100% sure on that

• Subscriber

Seeing as how Chicago is the only Midwest date with two shows, I'm betting at least one maybe 2 more will be added. There's just NO WAY they'll only play 2 Chicago shows. 

They'll definitely do more shows, but I don't think they'll be next summer. I think we'll have to wait until 2016. They've left out all of the southeast and Texas this time round. On 360 they did multiple legs with totally different cities on each leg. I think that'll happen again this time.

• Subscriber

as a long term member(prop) I'm definitely OK with them allowing 2 tickets only and love that they are doing the GA entry as paperless

also want to point out that the band's yearly membership gifts are A++

win win

• Community Manager

Even an additional tier for the presale would've helped.  They had 3 separate times for 360, now just about everyone is lumped into the same group.  So much for seniority.

I did ask about that, and don't rule out future further benefits for long time subscribers, its something that I want to see.

• Subscriber

I wouldn't care too much about the 2 ticket limit if it weren't going to be two different shows. With that, plus ticket trading becoming impossible due to credit card only entrance, it will make it very hard to see both shows. And I'm a bit isolated here in Phoenix. They likely won't come back.  Can't drive to LA in the middle of the workweek. My only hope is a weekend concert in Vegas being announced. Or more dates in LA in 2016.

Edit: Because I've tried to buy U2 tix in the general public sale and I can never get them. They sell out too fast.

Edited by LadyHathor

• Subscriber

The 2 ticket limit is not to punish the fans, it's to keep the scalpers filthy paws off the tickets. I'm all in favor of any action by an artist that screws over the scalpers and makes it as hard as possible for them to get tickets away from actual fans.