Using a credit card that will expire before the date

• Subscriber

I used my credit card to purchase presale London tickets this morning, then realised my card will expire before the gig.

I guess I just keep the expired card and take it with me as proof of purchase?

• Subscriber

Mine will expire too. AXS FAQ says it's not a problem as long as you still have the expired card or your new card has the same number - otherwise, check in with the venue box office when you arrive. (It may be worth contacting them before then, just to be safe.)

• Subscriber

Pasted from my confirmation email:

Your credit/debit card will be swiped as you enter the venue and your details will be confirmed as you make your way in.

If you do not have the card you booked with you will not be able to enter the venue. If you notice that your card will expire, or is replaced, before the event date please contact one of our customer services team when the new card arrives so that we can transfer your details at: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_ql_2

To ensure paperless ticketing operates effectively, we cannot transfer tickets unless the original credit card used to make the booking has expired.

• Subscriber

I used my credit card to purchase presale London tickets this morning, then realised my card will expire before the gig.

I guess I just keep the expired card and take it with me as proof of purchase?

This happened to me at the Bruce Springsteen show in South Florida this year.

Take the old card. It will work.

• Subscriber

Ticketmaster has a paperless FAQ section. Their official site states that as long as you have the expired card (so plan on keeping it when you get your new one) or your new card with the same number you will be fine.

Print out your confirmation regardless though and bring it with because the box office can help you out if need be. Entry requirements also vary by venue. For example, my issue is that my card not only is expiring but I am changing banks before the show so United Center (Chicago) said to bring my ID and confirmation letter to the box office. They can print out your ticket there.

• Subscriber

there is nothing that says the card has to be a valid card to make entry. They just need to scan it to get the card number, that card number matches an order number which allows them to print the tickets. The usher is then responsible to check your ID matches the name on the order/CC.  As the previous poster said, bring the original card whether expired or not and as a protection bring your order number and or printed out confirmation email in case of trouble.