U2.com Membership Problem - Please help!

• Subscriber

I have been calling and emailing Live Nation Fan Club Customer Service trying to get my concern addressed.  Thought I would post it here, hoping that someone might help me.

I inadvertently let my U2.com membership lapse earlier this year. When I realized, I immediately renewed it -- on Sept 10, which turned out to be a day or two after the cutoff date. (I'm still not sure if you had to be paid up BEFORE Sept 9 or BY Sept 9.  Either way, I was too late.)  At that time, I was concerned that I might have lost my priority ranking, which was in the top tier since I've been a member for about a decade or more without a lapse. I contacted Live Nation Fan Club customer service and received the following response from them last month: "Rest assured, you are still Priority Group A. As long as you continue to renew as opposed to creating a new membership you will not lose your priority membership standing." 

So, imagine my dismay yesterday to find myself in Group B and not able to participate in the presale until the second day.  I tried contacting Customer Service repeatedly at two different numbers and by email.  I finally spoke to a woman on the phone this morning about an hour before the presale started but she said I had to call the main number.  I was never able to get through on that number... Just kept getting an automated response that they were experiencing high call volume and to try my call again later.  No option to be put on hold.  I have not gotten any response to my email so far.

So unbelievably frustrating… Could someone please assist me in getting this resolved?

Dawn S.

A devoted fan who attended my first U2 concert 30 years ago, on December 9, 1984

• Subscriber

Dawn, it is so terribly unfortunate and frustrating, but from what I have read, there are many just like you (and me) in the same boat. I've also tried and tried without luck to try to resolve the issue (and also tried weeks ago before any tour announcement to make sure I'd be reinstated to longer-term member status), and no luck. Seems they're not budging on this. I do really wonder why members don't receive a notification when memberships are about to expire. With our deeply connected lives, it's all too much to keep track of. Best of luck to you tomorrow, and to me, too!

• Subscriber

So sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same kinds of issues, travelergirl30. I am holding out hope that the email I received saying that I was still in Priority Group A will be enough to get them to make this right.  Good luck to you tomorrow, too!