Sign in to follow this  
Rhi_K

FYI - London hotel prices going up fast - book asap

Just wanted to let anyone going to London gigs know that I booked a hotel straight after getting my tickets for Monday 25th, I'm not fussy I just want a bed to sleep in so I went with a budget hotel. I've just been to check availability for the next day as I'm hoping to attend the second show as well and the price has gone up by £20 already, they have clearly gotten wind of a big event at the O2 and are capitalising. So if you need a hotel I'd get in there quick, I'd imagine they won't be the only ones to do it.

I'm just going to stay at my regular hotel in Notting Hill and get the Tube.. dreading getting the Tube back though as I imagine it will be packed! I can't book the train down to London until 3 months before

Ah I didn't know it was 3mths, I'll bear that in mind, I'm possibly considering the coach if it gets off the ground, could be an entertaining ride with some Zootops if the driver let's us turn the music up ;-)

Where are you travelling from?

From Lancashire. It's a 2hr journey from Manchester Piccadilly to Euston, and usually around £30 return with Virgin. Weekends in London get very busy, which is why I'm going to try for the Thursday show, and stay over a couple of nights.

Where are you travelling from?

I'm a bit closer, I'm travelling from Telford, so Bhams my nearest big hug, haven't been down to London for many years, I'm a bit daunted by it actually.

I went with Sunday because I know some other Zootops doing the same night and quite fancied a meet up.

I'm actually hoping we get some Manchester dates at some point, maybe when they come back round after SOE is released, my son really wants to go but I don't really want to cart him down to London, plus he'd need to be in the stands and I really want to do a couple of dates how it's supposed to be done ;-)

Sounds like a good plan!

London is amazing, I go regularly on the train.. I was down there a few days ago.

Even though Manchester is close for me, I much prefer the O2 as it's a great venue and Manchester Arena doesn't compare!

For the last tour I went to Barcelona and Milan, and the 2nd night in Barcelona was much better.

well I'll try for Red Zone tomorrow morning!

If sold out.. 2nd choice is Amsterdam :-)

I wouldn't get too hung up about this - there are events at the O2 throughout the year, and with number of hotel rooms and general visitors in London it's not like the U2 concerts will represent a huge surge in people wanting to stay on town.

Sign in to follow this