• Subscriber

Sorry - forgot the mandatory tongue out smiley to demonstrate joking!

I really like the idea of rigging something up at the dandelion market or mcgonagles and them playing in an old haunt, doing a q and a with the audience and doing a live by request thing.

You know, "an audience with U2" - the dude whose name I always forget who gets first play could compere and it could be co sponsored by hot press.

Just my two penny's worth

Loving this idea! and as much as I would hate not being able to go, I think mcgonagles would be the way to go, not only special but very relevant right now too

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

The only thing left at the Dandelion market is a shopping mall mate... ;)

But yeah, warmup shows. Don't typically don't travel, cause when you have to haul ass halfway across the world, it costs money, which makes it hard to make it a freebie.

TBH, I wouldn't even be worried about it being free. Lottery to be able to buy tickets would work as well, and it'd cover some of the cost of actually setting this up (though free is nicer, of course)

I seem to remember B used to invite loitering fans in to have a listen to sound checks and warmups.

• Subscriber

With the Bowie thing it was restricted to 1/non transferable. Rollcall was last half of August, gig was in the first half of September. This automatically reduces the amount of people trying to get tickets and no need for swapping.

Got a nice looking ticket to keep after the event... I still have mine! :)

*jealous!* ^_^ was that for the dvd for 'reaLliTY' ?

I'd be in it if the gig was in AUSTRALIA

edit: for their 30th Anniversary MetallicA did 4 shows for Metclubbers and if you could go you entered a lottery.

you either won a ticket for all 4 shows, or for 1 or 2 shows. alot of people swapped tickets so they could go to 

all of them. their were guests every night and U2 did a congrats video for them which I find really funny.

Edited by BigBunny
  • Community Moderator

I'd be totally down with that, especially since my two friends that I would want to go with have memberships too.  I think that people who have one of these should get something extra special. 

5143fe0a-a8dc-4c49-9976-7059bfb5d675_zps

b4bfc0d1-6708-4588-b3fe-9f1cf31a7122_zps

Just kidding, sorta..... I had always hoped that that metal card would be good for something. :P

• Community Moderator

Sorry - forgot the mandatory tongue out smiley to demonstrate joking!

I really like the idea of rigging something up at the dandelion market or mcgonagles and them playing in an old haunt, doing a q and a with the audience and doing a live by request thing.

You know, "an audience with U2" - the dude whose name I always forget who gets first play could compere and it could be co sponsored by hot press.

Just my two penny's worth

You lose!  You can't think of said dude's name, you can't go.  :P   (Which is Dave Fanning, btw)

• Subscriber

I'd be totally down with that, especially since my two friends that I would want to go with have memberships too.  I think that people who have one of these should get something extra special. 

Just kidding, sorta..... I had always hoped that that metal card would be good for something. :P

Life time GA pass to the the gigs of your choice ;)

• Community Moderator

That would be nice!

• Subscriber

That would be nice!

If only!

• Subscriber

With the Bowie thing it was restricted to 1/non transferable. Rollcall was last half of August, gig was in the first half of September. This automatically reduces the amount of people trying to get tickets and no need for swapping.

Got a nice looking ticket to keep after the event... I still have mine! :)

*jealous!* ^_^ was that for the dvd for 'reaLliTY' ?

Think it ended up as an accompanying cd for that DVD and it was the show that got broadcast to cinemas all across the world (which were fan events in themselves). It was pretty awesome stuff. Pretty revolutionary at the time too (2003).

Lots of bands seem to be doing similar things. Small venue, lottery based.